Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PT4400, worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys for all of your responses!! he went ahead and got it but wont be able to run with it until march.... also he is having problems with his new heads he just bought
Old 12-30-2003, 09:40 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well if I were u I might talk to Joe O. down in VA.
That guy knows what he's doing and he's TRUSTWORTHY

U know me,Cartek S2X heads and one of there X Cams would have your car DEEP in the 10's.

AS is VERY good too.
Jay is doing some incredable stuff with his H/C packages and there reasonably priced too.

TEA "SAM" heads look VERY good and are making good power.

JS

Last edited by JS; 12-30-2003 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-04-2004, 01:32 AM
D(irecto)r Pepper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jeff, just been lurkin', watching the boards.
I am currently working on a few things (on the pepper) and hope to be banging heads again this spring.
Had to take a siesta for the family. (money & time)

JS, i never said one word about dyno numbers or effeciency... i responded to Kris assertation that his car with a Vig would out 60' any other comparitively equipped Yank. ( or thats a pretty close quote)
I was on the phone with Kris when i posted that...
The multi disk Vig costs as much or more than the Yanks. (around a 1000.00 bucks for most folks)
Can the Vig work? I am VERY sure it can. Does the Yank work? You bet your *** it does. The Yank works better if you know what it was designed for and how it was meant to work. The lighter the car the better the TP series will work. It does not have the shock that most Vig's do off the line but the mid range is phenominal. My TP4200 pulls like a freight train in the mid range (the lighter the car the better the Yank) and 60's dang good for what it is.
Tell Terry (PI) to send me a Vig multi disk and i will try them out back to back on the same day.
Right now? My money is on the Yank. But hey, what ever works best is what we all should use. The name on the verter' should always be second in consideration, PERFORMANCE should be all of our first consideration.

Later guys... keep the shiny side up!