Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E Firm 1-2 shift, lazy 2-3 HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Help Ya!!

Usually the 3-4 clutches are burnt up in the forward housing that causes the flare if you want it stock it will last forever as long as your not putting alot of power to the trans if you going to put alot of power to it then you need to check out the upgrades for that trans.If your gonna keep then engine stock Simple stock rebuild will last I work in Maryland and rebuild these things at a dealer on a daily basis so let me know if your in the area i can have you a great deal on a stock rebuild or an upgrade if needed Let me know.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 72blownvert
The noise you talking about sounds like a bearing in the converter (not uncommon) as far as the shifting problem goes it sounds like the 3-4s are on there way out.Is it high mileage? Has the problem been progressively worse? Is the fluid burnt? It sounds like the trans is worn out.
I'm really not sure how many miles the trans had on it. I bought it from a local salvage and it was clean as could be and the pickup didn't look high mileage, but it is always hard to tell.

The sad thing is it will cruise around town all day long with no problems, but it would be kinda nice to be able to get into it a little without working about the trans slipping.

The truck has a painless wiring harness in it and I haven't ever hooked up the brake switch...I wouldn't think that would have much to do with it, but I'm really not sure what the PC does with the brake signal other than drop the converter out of lock-up.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:22 AM
Launching!

Do you have lock up working w/out the brake switch.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:13 AM
Teching In

No lock up, Will burn up.

Quick Reply: 4L60E Firm 1-2 shift, lazy 2-3 HELP!