Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M6->TH350 swap - clutch switch wiring help needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 01:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M6->TH350 swap - clutch switch wiring help needed

I'm in the middle of doing the M6-A3 swap. I know this is a fairly stupid question and could easily be solved with a good diagram, but I'm using nothing but a book from Adv. Auto and it doesn't have **** for a detailed diagram. I did manage to get the reverse lights wired up to my shifter, and I'm planning on running the clutch start switch wires to the shifter as well.

So my question is, does anyone have a diagram for this? I'm basically wondering which wires are for the clutch start switch so I can wire them to my park/neutral on my shifter, and what I have to do for the cruise cancel (leave it open or close the circuit, can't find a diagram for this either or which wire is which)

I looked through the stickies but they're less than thorough, so if anyone documented this and we can get it updated to the sticky that would be great. A wiring diagram, or anyone that has done this swap themselves would be great.

Also, what do you have to do for the hatch release? I found a tidbit in the sticky, but once again, nothing thorough.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:11 AM
Teching In

Try this link it mite help http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...wiring+diagram.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:40 AM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the hatch, if the car is running I just bump up the park brake 1 notch.

For the cruise cancel, there is a brown wire (I think it has a white tracer) that also goes to the brake pedal. Just remove the wire from the clutch switch (crimp/solder the ends together) so the brake pedal can break the circuit.

The starter circuit is a dark green wire and a purple/white wire. They need to be connected to each other to start.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:35 PM
11 Second Club

I appreciate it slow67. Dnett your link doesn't work

Thanks guys
Old 01-29-2010, 12:01 AM
Teching In

Sorry. Try this http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...wiring+diagram.

Quick Reply: M6->TH350 swap - clutch switch wiring help needed