Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny Mount

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tranny Mount

I have an automatic trans with an adjustable torque arm and a 12bolt rear, i have the stock mount in there now and i have no problems, but in the spring i will be putting new drag radials on there, and will be hooking up well, should i swap it out for something better? i heard they break very easy? if so which are the best to use?
Old 02-05-2010, 01:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I read that the mounts break because the torque arm is on the tail of the trans. Is yours still on the tail shaft of the trans or relocated? You can do urithane but you risk breaking the tail shaft if you give it a big shock. Being an auto most preload so there is not that big shock. Those who use urithane say it transfers a lot of drive train vibration to the inside of the car. I would say let it be the weak link and keep a couple spares around. They only cost a few bucks, but thats just me and I will confess I don't go to the track much.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did the trans mount the same time i did my motor mounts.... lil more vibration, barely noticeable IMO... FWIW i've seen torn mounts from the torque you're talking about.... theyre not that much $ and itll give you piece of mind and definitely be better anyways...
Old 02-06-2010, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jaycenk
I think I read that the mounts break because the torque arm is on the tail of the trans. Is yours still on the tail shaft of the trans or relocated? You can do urithane but you risk breaking the tail shaft if you give it a big shock. Being an auto most preload so there is not that big shock. Those who use urithane say it transfers a lot of drive train vibration to the inside of the car. I would say let it be the weak link and keep a couple spares around. They only cost a few bucks, but thats just me and I will confess I don't go to the track much.
Originally Posted by pheer
i did the trans mount the same time i did my motor mounts.... lil more vibration, barely noticeable IMO... FWIW i've seen torn mounts from the torque you're talking about.... theyre not that much $ and itll give you piece of mind and definitely be better anyways...

not sure how mine mounts but i know i have an adjustable bmr torque arm, does that one mount to the trans?
Old 02-06-2010, 09:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Midnight00SS
not sure how mine mounts but i know i have an adjustable bmr torque arm, does that one mount to the trans?
the bmr adj arm can be relocated or left in stock location(tail shaft).
Old 02-06-2010, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tals7
the bmr adj arm can be relocated or left in stock location(tail shaft).
ok i gotta see where mine is