Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

replacing shift linkage seal in trans, now cant get linkage back how it was.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing shift linkage seal in trans, now cant get linkage back how it was.

I had a slow leak out of the seal for the linkage rod so after pulling the rod out and replacing the seal i cant figure out how the piece with the notches for gear selection goes back in for some reason.

The main problem is the arm with the spring and cap on the end that attatches to notched gear select piece fell down and the hole that it looks like its supposed to slide into has metal behind it that moves a little but cant get it up enough to put the cap in, Sounds confusing cuz idk what the hell i'm talking about lol, but can anyone give me a pic of the bottom of a 4l60e with the pan removed or tell me what i'm doing wrong? Thanks in advance for any help...
Old 02-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Launching!

Sorry anyone have any pics inside the pan or advice of how the shift assembly is set up I really need to get this done tonight asap?
Old 02-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Launching!

come on someone has to be online who knows this? I cant for the life of me figure it out now and it has to be something simple, I was trying to slide the shift linkage rod back in the trans and through the piece with notches for gear selection and the 8" or so metal rod that has a spring and a cap on the end of the spring thats attatched to it fell down and I dont know how it goes back up... Anyone?
Old 02-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Launching!

This piece I highlighted in red from someone elses pic is what i'm talking about. it looks like the cap on the end of the spring is supposed to slide in a hole but there's a piece of metal behind it that I cant get to move. anyone?
Attached Thumbnails replacing shift linkage seal in trans, now cant get linkage back how it was.-transmission.jpg  
Old 02-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Launching!

ok here's a better pic with stuff removed wich shows me obviously the cap is supposed to go in that hole but like I said there's a metal plate behind it that only moves an 1/8th inch or so so how do i get it back in there guy's?
Attached Thumbnails replacing shift linkage seal in trans, now cant get linkage back how it was.-trans-2.jpg  
Old 02-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Launching!

Really no one know's?
Old 02-12-2010, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

best of luck to ya bro lol sorry u cant get no help brother !!!!

Quick Reply: replacing shift linkage seal in trans, now cant get linkage back how it was.