Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATT: LQ4 6.0 / 200R4 / 700R4 Users need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATT: LQ4 6.0 / 200R4 / 700R4 Users need help

i'm getting ready to put my motor in the car .. just found out my ARP flexplate bolts are too short , my motor has the .400 spacer on the crank , and i'm using a TCI flexplate (399753) do i use the factory bolts? take the spacer off ? or will the starter not line up correctly ? also the TCI flexplate is
.200 thicker then factory.. i've read 6.0 w/ 4l60e dont have the crank spacer , trucks with the 4l80e do have the crank spacer.. but i'm not using either of them transmission ..what do i need to do ?
Old 03-01-2010, 12:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 240 Likes on 167 Posts

does the TCI flywheel have the small thin spacer screwed on the back? if so it goes on w/o the spacer-as i remember from a while back, if you meas from the back of the block (where the trans mounts) to the back of the flywheel teeth, its around 7/16" or so, for proper starter alighnment-then you may need a spacer that regs. into the crank (it slips into the crank, no bolts) and regs. into the converter
the TCI flywheel i used was for a 4L80E replacement, came with the spacer, i was trying to use it with the spacer at first, def was a little confusing
Old 03-01-2010, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by forcd ind
does the TCI flywheel have the small thin spacer screwed on the back? if so it goes on w/o the spacer-as i remember from a while back, if you meas from the back of the block (where the trans mounts) to the back of the flywheel teeth, its around 7/16" or so, for proper starter alighnment-then you may need a spacer that regs. into the crank (it slips into the crank, no bolts) and regs. into the converter
the TCI flywheel i used was for a 4L80E replacement, came with the spacer, i was trying to use it with the spacer at first, def was a little confusing
yes my flexplate does have the small plate bolted to it and my converter is made with the ls1 snout (half ls1 / half 200r4 ) so no adapter is needed
my concern is if i take off the .400 factory crank spacer wil the converter be sticking out of the trans too much ? but my TCI flexplate does have round sleeves welded to it where the converter mount to it .. does that keep the converter spaced in towards the tran when the factory spacer is removed.. i bought the flexplate used so no instruction where given ....thanks

Quick Reply: ATT: LQ4 6.0 / 200R4 / 700R4 Users need help