Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Manual 4L60E

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 05:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Full Manual 4L60E

What makes a fully manualised 4L60E shift quicker than an auto box? I understand that the accumulation on the 2-3 shift fluid release is a key to building these boxes but wouldn't a full manual shifting box still require accumulation or is that fluid circuit just deleted?
Old 03-16-2010, 09:49 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

well yes it would still use accumulation, The big difference is how much is happening, With the auto version you move the shifter then a sinla is sent to the pcm saying you did then the pcm provided the speed and rpm are correct sends a signal to the solenoid and turn the correct once on or off this moving the shift valves to the apropriate position which ten fills the right clutch or band to make a certain gear.
With the full manual its just simply you move the manual valve and the oil is imediatley directed to the apropriate clutch set or band. Sorta a no middle man type deal.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 03-16-2010, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

O.k. that's what I thought. I'm considering converting mine to full manual but the oens that I've test driven bang really hard into gear under WOT.

Is this going to shorten the life of the box considerably or can they be built to last with full manual?
Old 03-16-2010, 10:22 PM
11 Second Club

I was just about to start a simular thread... so I'll just ask here.
I've got a vacuum modulated, MVB 4L60 in my car. The 1-2 shift happens about 1 second after you shift it, and the 2-3 shift happens about 2 seconds after you shift it. Thus, I have to shift early to hit the shift pts I want. Does this have anything to do with the modulation, is it a valve issue, or is it just a neccesary evil? This happens just cruising or at WOT, the hessitation is nearly the same.

Quick Reply: Full Manual 4L60E