Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L65E Lockup Issues... Please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L65E Lockup Issues... Please help

Hi. I am having a major issue with my trans and was hoping that someone on here could give me some insight. When I drive it on the highway, my converter locks up as it should. After driving for a little bit, the converter stops locking up. The RPM's stay high, and the trans temp goes up to about 200 F. Once I get off the highway, my truck slams into 2nd and 3rd. I actually dropped the trans pan today and replaced the lockup solenoid with the updated white one. The one that I removed was brown and appeared to be cracked. This did not fix the problem that I am having. There was actually a GM bulletin about replacing this solenoid for this problem.

I am at a loss here, and I am hoping somebody can help me, because I am going nuts!
Old 04-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bro Inc
tcc regulator valve bore worn.
What is the difficulty of performing this repair? Is this something I can do by dropping the pan?

Have you had this exact problem happen before?
Old 04-07-2010, 07:31 AM
Launching!

How many miles are on it? could be alot of things 1 tcc reg valve 2 afl valve 3 stator bushings 4 torque converter 5 lockup solenoid. IMO the afl valve wears more than the tcc reg valve. You need to drop v/b go to a good local shop and have them ream the v/b and put the new sonnax valves in I would do both for sure just for peace of mind.If that does not fix it time to pull trans out and go further into unit.

Quick Reply: 4L65E Lockup Issues... Please help