Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Circle D converters

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Circle D converters

I have always used Yank and I have been very satisfied with their work. However I have heard good things about the Circle D converters, and since I am a hour away from them I could have them install one of their own converters in my Trans AM

Is there any major difference in the Yank PT's vs the Circle D's, how do you guys like yours?

If anyone at circle D reads this shoot me an email at christophcox @ yahoo dot com and lets talk

any info appreciated
Old 04-10-2010, 02:43 AM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely stop in and talk to Chris. Ask him to give the "Converter 101" tour. He will personally show you the difference between his custom converters and many of the other converter builders. It actually very interesting to see the internal components and what role they play to get the job done. The Circle D transmission shop is just next door also. Stop in and talk to Dave,Glen and the rest of the crew. They are a close family and take a lot of pride in their work. Your car will be in good hands, I promise.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:17 PM
FormerVendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

We would love for you to come by and give you a tour and show you what we can do for you. Just let me know when you are ready

Chris
Old 04-10-2010, 04:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Circle D 4C in a 98 C5 and it made the car come alive. My converter my be big for a daily driver, but it really runs great at the track. Go see Chris they can make a great conveter for your application. Also i do believe if you don't like the final stall speed Circle D will modify the converter for free one time.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Bro Inc

But why it's here and we're talking about what you get in a converter, maybe someone can answer this.

I bought the Circle D in the picture and description.
It is a nice build with quality parts, but I cut mine open and found two torrington bearings and a brass thrust washer. What that all about?

This is the problem with ebay or any converter for that matter, they assume you're not going to cut it open.

So why do prices vary so much? Probably because whats inside isn't what they tell you. That ebay converter, probably a cut and cleaned 4cly core with a ring and nothing done to the inside at all. Anyone going to cut it open? Who cares, they made their sale at that point, and being cut open voided their warranty so they don't even have to talk to you.

Still like to know whats the deal with my two bearing stage 1 billet series circle d.
If Yank has done you right, why not keep using them?