Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 4l60 drives but at stoplight it bangs an clangs an wont go

Old 04-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 4l60 drives but at stoplight it bangs an clangs an wont go

98 4l60 drives but at stoplight it bangs an clangs an wont go, you go to 1st and manually shift it, it'll go no prob, but i scared the s**t out of a old couple, i was at a redlight and it turned green and started banging an clanging an sounded like terror in there, they looked an sped off, i pulled it over and restarted it and it wont go in drive, but will go if you manual shift and it has that horrible noise between shifts, i parked it. Its stock, 125,xxx miles no stall, 4:10 geared and psi turned up.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Staging Lane

Default Z28 tranny

Originally Posted by blubu
98 4l60 drives but at stoplight it bangs an clangs an wont go, you go to 1st and manually shift it, it'll go no prob, but i scared the s**t out of a old couple, i was at a redlight and it turned green and started banging an clanging an sounded like terror in there, they looked an sped off, i pulled it over and restarted it and it wont go in drive, but will go if you manual shift and it has that horrible noise between shifts, i parked it. Its stock, 125,xxx miles no stall, 4:10 geared and psi turned up.
also there has to be internals tore all to hell and back.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:35 PM
Staging Lane

Default Anyone at all ? !

anyone have any ideas ?
Old 04-18-2010, 04:56 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you have an input sprag that has failed. I'm sure from what you have described there is other damage associated with it. Feel free to give us a call if you are looking to replace your transmission. I'm sure we can build you a transmission that will suit your needs. Vince

Search this Thread