Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transgo HD2-C Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Transgo HD2-C Question

Im about to put this shift kit in while I throw my stall in, my question is how many spacers should I put in the accumulator in a stock tranny for safe measures?

-------------------------------------------------
00 Formula, full Bolt-ons, SS3600 soon to be stalled

Last edited by blackbirdofprey; 05-04-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:53 PM
PBA
TECH Resident

Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

NONE!!! It only makes the 1-2 part throttle shift firmer, and this is hard on the gear train. I never use them or offer them in my modified TransGo Performance Shift kits.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks, has anyone else with the HD-2 have had any problems running spacers in the accumulator that has had the kit in for awile with a stock trans? I'm just trying to get a few opinions on the subject

-------------------------------------------------
00 Formula, full Bolt-ons, SS3600 soon to be stalled
Old 05-05-2010, 03:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

i used the stock springs instead of the TG ones.........happy camper here
Old 05-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bro Inc
For whatever it's worth....If your accumulator housing casting number ends in 428 don't install any spacers. If it ends in 937 and you add one spacer it will end up an equal depth as the 428 (within 1/16")

I'm running the 937 housing with one spacer and it's a little on the firm side with a .093 2nd feed.

A 2000 trans should have the 428 housing so it will work fine with no spacers. It will shift a little on the firm side.

If you use the stock aluminum piston I'd grind the three tabs off the top of it.
Grinding the tabs off allows the orange spring to coil bind, if the tabs are left on they will beat the seperator plate up. Aftermarket pistons come without the tabs, as well as the plastic piston that usually comes stock with the 937 housing.
Thanks for the info Bro Inc, With that said I'm gonna go with no spacers cause it is a 2000, still debating though if i should buy an aftermarket accumulator or just grind the tabs off. Usefull advice thanxs for the info!

-----------------------------------
00 Formula full bolt-ons, SS3600 soon the be stalled
Old 05-06-2010, 06:06 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For what it's worth I have never ground the tabs off the pistons using this kit. I personally have never seen the plate get damaged as mentioned like we use to see with 700r4's for what it's worth. You might see little marks from the piston making contact however in my opinion not enough to effect the accumulator. However I use the same method as bro mentioned on the two different housings using either a single washer in the late housing or no washer using the early one. Good luck with the install. Vince

Quick Reply: Transgo HD2-C Question