Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Th350 FMVB shift delay normal

Old 05-18-2010, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Th350 FMVB shift delay normal

I think I have heard of people dealing with this. Anyhow I just now did my m6 to th350(foward manual valve body) swap. I took it for a drive and there is definantly a delay from 1 to 2 at partial throttle. I can't remember if it did it at WOT. Is this normal at partial throttle if so would the delay be normal at WOT as well? My car made 403rwhp with my m6 and 9" rear and I will be adding 150 shot of nitrous but am afraid my th350 is messed up. So thanks for any help you can give.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Launching!

Check your linkage adjustment first. Even if it is off a little it makes a big difference.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:11 AM
PBA
TECH Resident

Received 71 Likes on 45 Posts

The delay is from the 2nd apply piston takes a lot of oil to move it on the manual shift. The easy and most destructive way is to block the accumulator. The best way is to remove the transmission and take out the front pump and space the intermediate apply piston out .040". You can do this by taking a low/reverse clutch and remove the lining, file it flat, take a hack saw and cut open the clutch, and install it under the intermediate apply piston. This change will eliminate the delay on the 1-2 manual shift. This is an old idea that has been used for over 35 years now very successfully. Dana
Old 05-19-2010, 06:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PBA
The delay is from the 2nd apply piston takes a lot of oil to move it on the manual shift. The easy and most destructive way is to block the accumulator. The best way is to remove the transmission and take out the front pump and space the intermediate apply piston out .040". You can do this by taking a low/reverse clutch and remove the lining, file it flat, take a hack saw and cut open the clutch, and install it under the intermediate apply piston. This change will eliminate the delay on the 1-2 manual shift. This is an old idea that has been used for over 35 years now very successfully. Dana
Mine is a completely full manual valve body. I just wanted to make sure that this also applys with full manuals.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PBA
You can also add an extra steel on top then your cushion which also works well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Th350 FMVB shift delay normal