Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issues after converter install...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 07:58 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For what it's worth, I had a very similar issue with slippage on a 700r4transmission I had rebuilt on my 91 Trans Am. It would actually kill the tranny after a while. The shop rebuilt it, using my original factory case at least 5 times. I tried to insist that they use a different case as there was obviously something terribly wrong with mine. They wouldn't budge, and I wasn't in any mood to let those idiots continue wasting my time throwing new parts in a bad case. I even sat there one time and watched them completely rebuild it to make sure they weren't pulling a 3 card monte on me, and they definately were rebuilding it. Finally I took it to a different shop, got a completely different case, rebuilt and all, and no more problem slippage, blown tranny after 1000 miles, etc. It ran like a brand new car again. Tranny is still going strong with zero issues.

I won't go so far as to say that is definately your problem, but it certainly is a viable solution to a problem you're having that isn't coming up with many alternative options. Hope you get it worked out.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well im out of options and ideas. I just replaced the tcc solenoid...same bullshit slippage. Didn't figure it would help but it was cheap so I tried. I dont understand how the tranny still performs flawlessly except for this. It will shift under WOT no problem, firm shifts a part throttle also. Lockup feels like another shift. Slips under a small, and I mean small load when locked. There was no debris in the pan today either, and there never has been other than a little on the magnet over the 20,000 miles i've put on this thing. Hell I cut open the filter today, waste of time didn't find anything. Fluid has always been clean and red. Maybe something happened in the wreck, or maybe cause it sat up for 3 months.... All I know is everything was fine until I changed the converter

Unless someone can convince me otherwise im gonna drive it easy occasionally and not slip it. I'll get another trans built using another case just to be safe.

Quick Reply: Issues after converter install...