Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stripped bolt head for bellhousing!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 09:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default stripped bolt head for bellhousing!

I am in the progress of rebuilding my 4l60e. I stripped the 2 t50 bolt heads for the bellhousing bolts. Any ideas of what i can do to fix that? got all the others out except the two stripped ones

Thanks
Old 07-04-2010, 12:17 AM
On The Tree

do you have the special GM specific torx socket? i had the same problem stripping the bolt heads and breaking the sockets.
i have to drill the heads off of the bolts. after the heads come off and you take the bell housing off the remaining part of the bolt can be removed with a pair of pliers or vice grips. if you do not have the special torx you will continue to strip the heads of the bolts. i also put a little heat on them too.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:50 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98 4X4 burban
do you have the special GM specific torx socket? i had the same problem stripping the bolt heads and breaking the sockets.
i have to drill the heads off of the bolts. after the heads come off and you take the bell housing off the remaining part of the bolt can be removed with a pair of pliers or vice grips. if you do not have the special torx you will continue to strip the heads of the bolts. i also put a little heat on them too.
i thought i had the right bit but i guess i dont if it stripped out. I will try to drill the heads off and get the housing off then get the rest of the bolt with vise grips or something... thanks

Quick Reply: stripped bolt head for bellhousing!