Old 08-02-2010, 08:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Monster in a box Kit?

Has anyone used one of their kits?

They have 2 different levels:

Mega Monster 500hp

Mega Monster SS 650hp

I was thinking of ordering the regular kit to prep for mild future upgrades. My trans just started to slip yesterday so I'm looking for a cheap stocker to toss in until I can do a rebuild, but that's a different story. On to my question, are these kits any good, do they have any thing I should worry about?

Last edited by djsanchez2; 08-02-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:14 AM
Teching In

I know nothing about them, but I have dealt with Outlaw Tran, and they are racers as well, and are located in N. GA. ( Cummings GA.)http://www.maddogtransmissions.com/S...ults.asp?Cat=1
Old 08-03-2010, 06:34 AM
On The Tree

Personally, Ive never heard of their kits. Post a link or pm it to me.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

I'd go with ProBuilt.
ProBuilt at least tells you what brand everything is. He uses TransGo shift kits. He actually is in contact with the parts suppliers and sells the most up to date parts that work. He will also set you up with a custom kit with only the stuff you need in it.

Monster is selling kevlar bands in their kits, most builders know kevlar isn't the material for a 4L60E band, they duplicate a few parts descriptions I guess to make you think you're getting more?

This is step one, selecting parts.
Step two is building it.
Sorry to sound like this, but if you question what parts to buy you may want to ask yourself if you can handle building it as well.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:51 PM
TECH Addict

Disassembly and Assembly is not the issue, I have back-up if need be. My father is a GM/Ford/Dodge master tech who specializes in high performance builds now, so we have most of the tools here at home. He knows transmissions, I am looking to learn.

Im going to end up going with Probuilt, I found their site and it has so much more info and the rep from there even sent me a PM as i was looking over their site. Now that's a good sign customer service
Old 08-03-2010, 12:57 PM
10 Second Club

Definately go with pro built automatics if you are looking to order a kit of parts. Make sure you have an experienced builder that fan get the job done too. I'm running the highest level kit for the ls1's and have had great success.

www.700r4l60e.com Talk to Dana.

Quick Reply: Monster in a box Kit?