Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wont hold gear past 4500 with shifter in 3

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wont hold gear past 4500 with shifter in 3

Did a gear change, and now with the gear selector in 3, at wide open throttle, seems to be dropping out of gear, around 4500 and free wheeling almost like it wants to down shift or its going into neutral . Its done it in second and in third(hits the dam rev limiter). If the gear selector is in D, it shifts fine around 6000. The car was tuned with a hand held tuner for the gears and was set on performance tune. I have all bolt ons including a yank 3200 stall, and a Transgo shift kit. Never had this happen before the gears, went from 273 to 342 gear.The transmission shifts great at part throttle and when in D at full throttle. Thanks for any help.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:12 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would go back over the info you had to enter into your handheld tuner. Normally I would look at the data for the rear ratio you just installed but tire height might be an issue as well. It almost seems like the ratio programming did not take with your handheld devise. Vince
Old 08-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply,I will double check ,but i think i enter the right info,on the tire size i measured from the ground up with a straight edge on top of tire and came up with 25 inch tire. The tire size is a 275 40 17 and should be a 25.7 inch tire. Should i go with what they state the tire size is or what i measured? Also why would it only do it with the selector in 3 and 2 and be fine in D. thanks