Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Borge Warner auto trans. cant find any info

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Borge Warner auto trans. cant find any info

Hey guys I know this isnt a chevy or is an the ls1 category but I just cant find any info on my problem. I just bought a 77 postal jeep. Plans are to chop the top and c-notch it front and back but thats another story.

The 77's either have a 232 or 258 inline 6 and are suppossed to have 727... well I dont have a 727 sadly. I've got some kind of borg warner 3 speed automatic trans. It has a 15 bolt pan. I cant figure out what kind it is.

The problem is that I dont have reverse so I'm thinking the reverse band needs adjusted or I need a new one. I have no idea how to service it. I know generally your suppossed to take the valve body off and get to everything. Well I've never taken apart a transmission before and this is kind of overwhelming but I'm not saying I cant do it. I just need some guidance.

I've already dropped the trans and opened up the pan and I see about 3 to 4 tubes going places, the valve body, and then the bands and servos behind it.

Also there is a plate on the transmission saying AM GENERAL, then a serial number, borge gear muncie, then I cant read what else the plate says.

Anyone got any suggestions?