Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For you TH350 guys, what brand TransBrake did you go with and why?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Default For you TH350 guys, what brand TransBrake did you go with and why?

When my T56 and SPEC Stage 4 finally gave up, I put a Century built (capable of handling up to 800hp) TH350 in with a new 2800 stall Vigilante. The T76 Turbo Z28 felt fantastic once under way but just stomping it from a deadstop? I bet a Prius would do a better 60'. So I pulled it out, put the T56 and a new SPEC Stage 4 back in. Now it's the winter and I've seen quite a few posts from the F.I. guys that use Transbrakes and 2 steps (in conjunction with a high stall TC) are doing amazing things at the track. So, I'm going to send my TH350 off to a shop with a new TransBrake but I need to know what you guys are finding to be a 'good' one and, are the Transbrakes you get from Jegs, etc, all inclusive? Do they contain everything? The reason I ask is that some of the ads list the TB but then separately I see solenoids. I can't tell if the solenoid HAS to be purchased or if it's just a 'replacement' type item. I also called Precision(Vigilante) and for my setup, the recommend a 3,800 stall. This will be a track only transmission and I'll swap the trannies next Spring. Thanks!
Dave

Last edited by mightyquickz28; 11-23-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to know also I have a FMVB.