Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has a Revmaxx Converter please post your experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 02:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Once again, you have said nothing that changes anything. You DID however say that "marketing is obviously working here" therefor implying that billet converters are unwarranted in anyone's application on this board. That is or isn't what you meant? You didn't say it directly bc you know that would have been a transparent statement and everyone here would have seen right through it.

"We have non-billet cover lockup converters in 700 HP combos that have been alive for 3+ yrs now without issue."

What does this have to do with anything??

"There is more to the lockup than whether the cover is billet or not. The lockup material, bonding process, surfaces etc."

So are you saying that there is a non-billet unit that is superior to a billet in regards to manufacturing process? If so please explain. Do you have any experience with Rexmax? Please tell us if you do.

So far I have heard nothing but crap in this thread and the previous thread that turned into a pissing match as well. I refuse to let people like you and others come in here and say billet converters have no place and aren't worth the money, yet you "carry a full line of them" Give me a break.....you are only tricking the mindless fools who are completely uneducated on the subject.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Once again, you have said nothing that changes anything. You DID however say that "marketing is obviously working here" therefor implying that billet converters are unwarranted in anyone's application on this board. That is or isn't what you meant? You didn't say it directly bc you know that would have been a transparent statement and everyone here would have seen right through it.

"We have non-billet cover lockup converters in 700 HP combos that have been alive for 3+ yrs now without issue."

What does this have to do with anything??

"There is more to the lockup than whether the cover is billet or not. The lockup material, bonding process, surfaces etc."

So are you saying that there is a non-billet unit that is superior to a billet in regards to manufacturing process? If so please explain. Do you have any experience with Rexmax? Please tell us if you do.

So far I have heard nothing but crap in this thread and the previous thread that turned into a pissing match as well. I refuse to let people like you and others come in here and say billet converters have no place and aren't worth the money, yet you "carry a full line of them" Give me a break.....you are only tricking the mindless fools who are completely uneducated on the subject.
You need some reading comprehension classes...

I did not state billet converters have no place, I stated CLEARLY that they DO have their place, but it is not necessarily in a 300-500 HP car.

I also didn't state billet converters aren't warranted in any cars on this forum, just not necessary in a great number of enthusiasts cars who would frequent here.

My point was that just because a converter doesn't have a billet cover, doesn't make it junk as you stated.

I'm not advocating REVmax or any other brand, just making general statements about converter selection based on years of experience in the performance transmission industry.

What is it that you do for a living?

It obviously doesn't involve lots of experience building transmissions or converters.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

"You need some reading comprehension classes..."

This must be your favorite rebuttal when someone disagrees with you. Seems like I may have read it before....................

"What is it that you do for a living?

It obviously doesn't involve lots of experience building transmissions or converters."

What I do for a living is irrelevant. And again, that has NOTHING to do with what we are talking about. You continue to try to manipulate this conversation with crap that doesn't mean ****.

"just making general statements"

General statements mean **** to me. I'm asking for specifics to your rebuttal and this is all I receive in return. How are your general statements supposed to prove anything?

"I did not state billet converters have no place, I stated CLEARLY that they DO have their place, but it is not necessarily in a 300-500 HP car."

WHAT is there place then? Give me one piece of information that you stand behind. Please.

"My point was that just because a converter doesn't have a billet cover, doesn't make it junk as you stated."

Thats your opinion. I purchased and owned an Edge 3200 non-billet converter. Paid $550 for it. Andre at Edge was great to deal with. He was very helpful. But that isn't the point of this thread. Did it fail on me? No it did not. Would I buy another one? No I would not (for various reasons which i will not disclose here) Did it cut likely about the same 60ft times that a billet sponsor built converter would? Absolutely. I know for a fact that non-billet converters cut just as good of 60 fts as do billets. No denying that, and I have never said they couldn't or wouldn't. I'm not as against non-billets as you might think. Doesn't change the fact that talking to you is like arguing with a fence-post Mr. Reading Comprehension.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

From the horse's mouth in another thread, out in the open for everyone to see.

Originally Posted by Jake's Performance
I hadn't intended on teaching reading comprehension in this thread
Old 01-06-2011, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wtf are u argiuing about?
somebody with a stock car talking **** to somebody that does this for a leaving....
Old 01-06-2011, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by a4ls2goat
wtf are u argiuing about?
somebody with a stock car talking **** to somebody that does this for a leaving....
I'm just going to leave this right here for you to do a little research.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/racers-lo...ew-engine.html
Old 01-06-2011, 03:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Oh BTW, dont miss my other threads, I have a great selection of greatest hits..... Interior sewing thread, another engine thread, custom exhaust thread, read up, you might like em

Originally Posted by a4ls2goat
Bahahaha, thats a good one. People bring their cars to me bc I'm a damn good mechanic. A jack of all trades. And I do most work for buddys/family for free or for trade bc I enjoy doing it. I DO NOT do this for a living, yet am still very well respected by the people who know me. Watch out for those who will put a hand in your pocket or have something to gain. I do neither.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:27 PM
TECH Regular

I have owned an Edge so I can say I have experience with these types of converters. Its kinda hard to argue a performance part when its only built to 4 cyl specifications to begin with. But, don't believe me......

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...education.html

Hey dipshit, my first converter was NOT a Yank. Did it do what I wanted, yes. Does that means it was worth the money I paid for it? Yeah prolly so. Was it anything more then a glorified Cavalier converter....NOPE, thats all it was and would ever be. .

You said in the other thread that you had no issues with your edge converter and it did what it was suppose to do and was worth the money you spent on it..

I never said that Revmaxx was a better converter then a Yank. All I am saying and Many others who have these converters is that they work good and perform good for the price. If I could afford the best parts for every part of my car I would get the best parts but I cant and I make due with what I can afford. Is that wrong? am I an idiot because I cant afford a 750.00 converter but I can afford a 260.00 converter?
Old 01-06-2011, 06:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

I wont buy another Edge, and I have 2 motor replacement threads.......this coming together for you? I just choose NOT to defame a company without 100% proof. There never will be such so I keep my mouth quiet. Inquiring minds could figure it out if they were so inclined.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Teching In

So we have a lot of people posting their positive experiences with
Revmax converters, and those two geniuses, 01SSREDa4 and Z99LS1,
telling everybody that they are wrong, and calling everybody names.
Is this what happens to people who buy expensive converters?
Is there a cure for that tiple billet cover affliction?
Old 01-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by bolek
Yes we do become geniuses! Thanks man
Old 01-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Teching In

I guess not.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Restricted User

I guess not.
Keep teching in there bud
Old 01-06-2011, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

This proves you have no idea what you are talking about. Keep going, you are entertaining.......
Old 01-06-2011, 09:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate to get this thread back on track, but who here has actually had a RevMax converter fail on them?? What were the circumstances/details of the failure?
Old 01-06-2011, 10:19 PM
TECH Regular

I wont buy another Edge, and I have 2 motor replacement threads.......this coming together for you? I just choose NOT to defame a company without 100% proof. There never will be such so I keep my mouth quiet. Inquiring minds could figure it out if they were so inclined.
I have owned V6 fbodies in the past but have moved on to LS1 f-bodies. Will I ever buy another V6 f-body? Probably not but its not because the V6 fbody is a piece of crap its because I can afford having a LS1 f-body now.. So you still havent answered my questions from before..

If I could afford the best parts for every part of my car I would get the best parts but I cant and I make due with what I can afford. Is that wrong? Am I an idiot because I cant afford a 750.00 converter but I can afford a 260.00 converter?

Originally Posted by FastKat
I hate to get this thread back on track, but who here has actually had a RevMax converter fail on them?? What were the circumstances/details of the failure?
That question was asked a while back as well. All the people who have chimed in have had nothing but good things to say about Revmaxx and there converters.. Except for the people who dont have one..
Old 01-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Teching In

This proves you have no idea what you are talking about. Keep going, you are entertaining.......
You carry a picture of your Yank in your wallet, don't you?
That's so sweet. Can I have a tissue?
Did you name it? Come on, give up that name already.
Do you take off inspection cover every weekend just to
see it?
We all know you do.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:44 PM
Restricted User

You carry a picture of your Yank in your wallet, don't you?
That's so sweet. Can I have a tissue?
Did you name it? Come on, give up that name already.
Do you take off inspection cover every weekend just to
see it?
We all know you do.
Seriously you complain about people getting off subject. Shut up and talk about ur converter and quit trying to argue with people.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

People who are coming to this thread is because we are interested in reading the experiences of those who have used REVMAX converters. If I were interested in seeing the experiences of people using converters from other companies would enter into these thread. But we do not care what they have to say about other converters in this thread . We went to share experiences with those who use REVMAX. If they came to this thread only to teach us everything they know without any evidence of either breaking some record or something special with their cars which is what really proves what you know the rest are just empty words. If you do not have a converter REVMAX go and open another thread and discuss what you want between you both. Let us catch the line of this thread!
Old 01-07-2011, 02:29 AM

I was wondering why they advertise their converters as " 298mm 9.5 inches" but 298mm is actually 11.7 inches.

Quick Reply: Who has a Revmaxx Converter please post your experience