anyone?
Old 11-30-2011, 09:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i think mclouds are red
Old 11-30-2011, 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no it is a yank by the picture i posted need like the size?
Old 12-01-2011, 09:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its prob an SS3600 seeing as EVERYONE has that converter.

Put the converter back in the car and see what it flashes to.

If you really want to know what it is you can have someone cut it open and look the the stator and pump/turbine

Last edited by c0ncEpT; 12-01-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

put it in drive, get it in the tranny's 1:1 gear (3rd). 45-55 mph floor it and see where the tach needle goes to. Then when you can come to a complete stop and do a footbrake stall like your trying to do a burnout, but without actually doing a burnout to see where the rpm's rise to before it tries to either push foward or start to spin. That's will be the best indicator of stall speed and easiest.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fbodyjunkie06
put it in drive, get it in the tranny's 1:1 gear (3rd). 45-55 mph floor it and see where the tach needle goes to. Then when you can come to a complete stop and do a footbrake stall like your trying to do a burnout, but without actually doing a burnout to see where the rpm's rise to before it tries to either push foward or start to spin. That's will be the best indicator of stall speed and easiest.

Oh dam so wait I think it was my converter all the time, *flashback* ok so I replaced my tranny with another 4l60e from a friend, the mecanic installed it and he put my yank coverter on it, and sometiems when i was around 50 the rpms dropped like to 1500rpms, and when giving it gas at 50mph the car felt slow but if I gave it more gas the rmps scaled up really quickly and took off? so this is what a stall does??

Also the car has had that yank an estimate of 2 or more years ago so not sure if Yank has changed their converteres since then?
Old 12-01-2011, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

ok wait so have you tried what everybody has suggested to you yet? thats how you will know what size it is?
Old 12-01-2011, 07:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by needtransam
Oh dam so wait I think it was my converter all the time, *flashback* ok so I replaced my tranny with another 4l60e from a friend, the mecanic installed it and he put my yank coverter on it, and sometiems when i was around 50 the rpms dropped like to 1500rpms, and when giving it gas at 50mph the car felt slow but if I gave it more gas the rmps scaled up really quickly and took off? so this is what a stall does??

Also the car has had that yank an estimate of 2 or more years ago so not sure if Yank has changed their converteres since then?
What you are talking about is called lockup. That's when the converter stops slipping (what it's supposed to do) and locks the internals to give the most efficiency possible. The reason most people don't feel this with a stock converter is it can now lock and unlock at a higher rpm. A stock converter is typically a 1800-2200 rpm stall speed and if you're going 2200 rpms or so you won't feel the lockup because the converter can't really slip much at those rpms. With something like a 3200+ you can now feel the lock and unlock much higher. Sounds like it's doing what it's supposed to do to me.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ss454327
What you are talking about is called lockup. That's when the converter stops slipping (what it's supposed to do) and locks the internals to give the most efficiency possible. The reason most people don't feel this with a stock converter is it can now lock and unlock at a higher rpm. A stock converter is typically a 1800-2200 rpm stall speed and if you're going 2200 rpms or so you won't feel the lockup because the converter can't really slip much at those rpms. With something like a 3200+ you can now feel the lock and unlock much higher. Sounds like it's doing what it's supposed to do to me.

Yeah I believe its going into lock up like you said, so what kind of stall do you guys think it is? I know a member told me by looking at a picture he could tell what size it was?? im going to try to do what everyone said but need to find an open street

Quick Reply: Red Torque converter???