Old 03-14-2011, 12:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4000 all that way!
Old 03-14-2011, 05:12 AM
PBA
TECH Resident

Received 81 Likes on 50 Posts

When I recommend a torque converter, there are a few questions that need to be answered.

First, it is a daily driver or weekend warrior? You stated, the car is mainly a show car but will see some track use. So I gather it sees limited street use, as most show cars are not driven very much.

Second, what has been done to the motor? You stated, 1998 TA w/full bolt ons, LS6 intake, LT headers, ORY pipe, etc. and a Comp Cams 232/238 595/601 112+2 Camshaft. You did not mention heads, so I am assuming stock.

Now third, what rear end gear ratio are you running?

Fourth, what kind of tires are you using here?

Fifth, and this is very important, how do you drive? Conservative? Moderate? Moderately aggressive? Or aggressive?

Let's say you drive conservatively, you will not want or like a high stall TC. If on the other hand you drive aggressively or very aggressively, you will like and want a high or very high stall TC here. From having done this for well over over 33 years now, there is not enough information here to recommend a torque converter that I know you would be happy with and to do what you expect.