Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake on a 4l60e

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 07:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brake on a 4l60e

Hey guys I was thinking of putting a transbrake on my stock (with the exception of a shift kit) 4l60e trans in my camaro. How long will the tranny stay together with the brake installed and being used and what are going to be the parts breaking when I started launching with it? Just wondering what the outcome will be if I do it. Thanks
Old 03-29-2011, 07:53 PM

Well here's the deal. In order to install the brake the internals of the trans have to be modified assuming that we are talking about a Rossler brake. If memory serves me correct from the ones I've installed, the low reverse clutches have to have an extra steel installed, add one clutch and remove a wave plate. The reverse input drum has to have springs installed, an orifice has to be installed, a cushion plate removed and also an extra steel installed. Depending on how you purchase this kit there are other mods that may or may not have to be done to the valve body! It really depends on how the kit is purchased from Carl. I guess the point of my post here is you will have to go inside this trans in order to make this work. With that being said you might as well rebuild this unit while your in there. If you need any other help just ask. HTH Vince
Old 03-29-2011, 08:41 PM
10 Second Club

Oh ok man thanks alot. I was under the assumption that you just swap out the valve body with a different one. Thanks for the info man i understand now.