Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo 400 stuck in gear

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 06:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Turbo 400 stuck in gear

Hi everyone I have Vortech supercharged blowthru ls1, turbo 400 trans reverse pattern manual T/brake and 3 grand stall. Drove fine then Took for a hard run through the gears today and stopped at lights. I took off and its stuck in second gear i Think.

Back in driveway park, reverse, neutral and the t/brake button work fine but click into first and its in second. Clicking through the other gears no other gear is picked just stays in second. Drives fine otherwise no slipping. Pro ratchet shifter and cable appear fine. Only reason I think second gear is No engine Braking as 3rd still had it. Any Ideas anyone? Valvebody fault? Selector dramas in the pan? haven't removed anything yet.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:30 AM

SatoJase, did you fix your problem? The reason I ask is because I'm having the same problem and figure it out. Changed the TC, Checked the valves and no results. Although when it first started I could hardly move my van and now it will go but only in second gear.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:31 AM

Sorry. Can't figure it out.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:20 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry haven't replied, I work away and hadn't touched it. Now I've had the valvebody apart and given it a real good clean out, cleaned the pan, new filter etc, went through and readjusted my shift cable again, new oil but haven't driven it yet. Just getting back to basics. Guess the good news is there were no chunks in the pan. test drive next day or so.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:35 AM
Staging Lane

trans toasted, internal oil leak. problem solved

Quick Reply: Turbo 400 stuck in gear