Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flt level4 binding up

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 09:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am wanting to see what was wrong..... I had a similar issue with my trans. never got a code. Mine would launch in 2nd for two passes at the track AFTER it was re-flashed to adjust shift points. After two passes, it would work normal and be just fine...... I data logged and it showed it started in 1st just briefly (up to 6mph) and then went right to 2nd.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Launching!

Well I told him what I was experiencing. He got it on the dyno and start logging part throttle runs and fixing small things. It was worth ever penny.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Having this very same problem in my FLT level 4 and a SS4000 stall that I put in back in March. My car is throwing the p0757 code. I’m bringing the computer to the tuner tomorrow to delete P0757 and p0751 as they were not deleted. Aside from this happening and my trans is basically going into limp mode, and it wants to start in 2nd gear from a complete stop. When it starts to go, there is a small to medium vibration occurring in the car and can be felt under normal driving most of the time. This is what is bothering me is that the vibration at times is there and then all of a sudden stops. I have put the car away in the garage and am afraid to drive it until I find out what is causing this vibration. Is this caused by the trans being in limp mode, because of the code it is throwing, or is this a completely separate matter??
Old 08-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Banned

Look at it this way, you have the tuning issue with the codes needing to be deleted. This needs to be addressed no matter what. Do like you said and get that taken care of, and then see if your "other" issue is still there. No wasted effort, time or money. If you still have an issue give me a call, I would be happy to help.
Thanks,
Andy
Old 08-01-2011, 05:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Andy @ FLT
Look at it this way, you have the tuning issue with the codes needing to be deleted. This needs to be addressed no matter what. Do like you said and get that taken care of, and then see if your "other" issue is still there. No wasted effort, time or money. If you still have an issue give me a call, I would be happy to help.
Thanks,
Andy
Will do. Thanks again Andy!
Old 08-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Launching!

I'm glad I did this post. Saved me pulling the trans out. Ws6fitz. Get it tuned by a reputable tuner. Night and day with my car. Still can't believe it
Old 08-03-2011, 11:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by regblkss
I'm glad I did this post. Saved me pulling the trans out. Ws6fitz. Get it tuned by a reputable tuner. Night and day with my car. Still can't believe it
Got the codes deleted from the car and has, from what I can tell after 2 days of beating the heck out of it, fixed the problem.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Somewhat old thread, but I'm glad to see there were NO problems with FLT's work. I'm ready to order mine from them this week. Cemented my choice seeing how they were ready to help out if they were needed (which they weren't needed afterall).

Ready to jump on their holiday sale!!
Old 12-10-2011, 07:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Never a problem with FLT. Got a level 4 in my Imp ss and my Z28.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:07 AM
On The Tree

same here, i have the lv4 and yank 3200 in my 95 impala ss from andy stand up guy for sure, he really took his time and help me with my choice of transmission and get it right, especially on a time crunch right before i was set to deploy, cool guy
Old 12-12-2011, 10:25 AM
Banned

Thanks again to all!!! Nobody is perfect but if we are willing to work together and not just try to blame someone I truly believe there is a way to resolve every situation. This is a perfect example.
Happy holidays to all and yes we are currently running a sale!
Andy

Quick Reply: flt level4 binding up