Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone still run vaccum modulator even with full mvb

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 10:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone still run vaccum modulator even with full mvb

I have a th350 with full fmvb and as we were putting it together we noticed the transgo shift kit said the tranny will last tens times longer if the vaccum was hooked up on the modulator and not plugged. I asked all my friends with th350 and they all have there modulator plugged and dont run vaccum. My builder said it would be best i just want some more opinions i really dont wanna mess with running the line if i dont have to. I know you cant use regular vac line it has to be brake line or the clear hose that has the wire on the inside to keep it from colasping but that melts easy and the brake line looks like crap lol
Old 06-23-2011, 11:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run efi fuel hose and have never had a problem. It is thick enough that it does not collapse.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:50 AM
PBA
TECH Resident

Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts

Having built hundreds, and having torn down many more of TH350's & TH400's, I always use the vacuum modulator, as it is easier on the "whole" gear train, especially the front pump, no hard part throttle shifts, safer in the rain, your wife or girl friend will actually like riding with you, etc.... There is nothing to be gained by not using it, even with a "big camshaft". Remember Buick Gran Sport GSX 455's, Olds W30 455's, Pontiac Ram Air IV's & SD 455's & some others, all had vacuum modulators, had big cams, and did very well. I built many of these, and there is no way I would not run a vacuum modulator.

Last edited by PBA; 06-24-2011 at 09:44 AM.