Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e crossmember for 69 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 06:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l80e crossmember for 69 Camaro

Hi, I have done some research on this and what I have come up with is a Raptor brand crossmember. Most everyone who has used these have had exhaust clearance problems. Does anyone make one that works yet or will it have to be fabbed?? Any info greatly appreciated!!
Old 08-12-2011, 10:07 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats a good question. I have not been asked to do a swap in a 1st gen f-body so i am not familiar with the crossmember you mentioned. But, what you might consider is finding a local fab shop / race shop that does chassis work daily. They can whip one out in no time I bet.

Over the years I have had several made for one off jobs that I've been asked to get involved with. I'm sure it wouldn't be more than a couple hundred dollars if even that much to have one custom made for your car.

What part of the country are you in, I might be able to help you find someone.

g
Old 08-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Teching In

Hi, thanks for the response. I am about an hour north of Indianapolis.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

The BTO I used was junk. I think PATC might be reselling it. Use a G-Force crosmember, you'll be happier with it.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Thanks Jake!! I will check it out. I will be using your tranny by the way, I have heard nothing but good things about you!!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am using the PATC crossmember. It is okay at best. If you have 1 inch back plates with your ls1 conversion, it might work. I had to redrill my crossmember mounts in order for it to work with my autokraft conversion plates. They sent me the 4l60 crossmember by accident at first, and it caused me fits. I am up and running, and with my dynatech headers, I am not even close to clearance issues. The dynatechs hang a little too low. They could come up an inch and still clear the crossmember. 'Hope this helps. BTW, I love the 4L80.

Quick Reply: 4l80e crossmember for 69 Camaro