Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions regarding M6 to A4 wiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 12:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Questions regarding M6 to A4 wiring

I was hoping to get some help clarifying what I need to do for my M6 to A4 trans swap.

I found this in one of the swap "how to" threads, which is pretty helpful, but I don't know where exactly to find these wires. For example: "Connector c200, pin E". Is there a schematic somewhere that shows the location of all these sensors?

I guess I need to figure out what these "C200" and "C220" connectors are. Sorry if these are total newb questions but I'm having a hard time locating exactly where I need to splice these wires.

Another example for PNP switch wire "B" - "Orange/Black wire from the white connector (Connector C220, pin H)on the end of the engine harness (the one that is inside the car on the passenger side under the kick panel)"

Do I just splice into this wire from the shifter?

Wiring the shiftlock control and PNP switch
You are going to need to run a total of 8 wires for the 2 switches, 6 for the PNP and 2 for the shiftlock. The connector pigtails you bought from the dealer for an exceptionally high price should be labeled A-F on the PNP and A-B on the shiftlock the wires go to the following places
PNP switch:
A. Shift Lock control circuit - Black/white wire from shiftlock control solenoid (Connector C200, Pin E)
B. PCM - Orange/Black wire from the white connector (Connector C220, pin H)on the end of the engine harness (the one that is inside the car on the passenger side under the kick panel)
C. Back up Lights - Brown wire, Same connector as above (Connector C220, Pin G)
D. Ground - Light green wire in Connector C400, Pin F (not sure where this one is but I can look it up) or to a chassis ground.
E. Start circuit - Clutch override switch (on the pedal), Purple/white wire
F. Start Circuit - Clutch Override switch (on the pedal), Dark green wire

Shiftlock Control:
A. PNP switch, Pin A
B. Brake light switch
Old 08-15-2011, 06:07 PM
TECH Resident

Old 08-17-2011, 07:21 AM
TECH Resident

So from what I can tell, the C220 sensor is under the passenger kick panel? How about C200 and C400? Do I just snip the wire that leads to that pin and splice in the "new" wires?
Old 08-17-2011, 09:35 AM
11 Second Club

Are you using the A4 Engine harness? If so see below.
As for the Shiftlock. I think you would need to swap the steering column
to any Auto one with the connector. I decided not to hook it up.

Swap done using the A4 engine harness into the M6 interior wiring and just wanted to put all this info together and corrected.
The only correction is the Light green wire from the PNP switch does not go to ground. It goes to the same color light green wire on the C220 (white) plug under pass dash.
Also the org/blk wire needs to move from H to F. H is where the light green wire connects to the reverse light bulbs. Corrected info is below.
Note: I decided not to hook up the shiftlock so I cannot confirm this. If you grounded the light green wire you would have blown the Fuse Turn SIG/BU Fuse.
As you can see the plugs are wired a little different they are labled as follows

factory M6 side..................factory A4 side
A:tan----------A:tan
B:grey---------B:empty I think grey was for the skip shift
C:pink---------C:pink
D:purple-------D:purple
E:blk/wht------E:blk/wht
F:org/blk-------F:empty needed to move H up here
G:brown-------G:empty is for the back up lights
H:green--------H:org/blk is for for reverse lights
J:ylw/blk-------J:ylw/blk
K:grn/wht------K:grn/wht
Old 08-17-2011, 06:49 PM