Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e 2nd Gear hard shift no 4th at WOT

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e 2nd Gear hard shift no 4th at WOT

Im having a few issues lately. My main issue is the sometimes 4th gear at WOT. About 70% of the time it over revs 3rd at 90ish and I have to let off for it to grab the gear. No slippage once in forth or any other gear. 2nd gear has been a neck jerker Too, feels delayed but makin it. 161,000 1998 Trans am . Tranny was rebuilt 2 years ago.No ses or engine codes, cant check pressure with my set-up.

Recently-past 3 months Ive done a fluid change,filter,solinoid-for the life of me cant remember which one I will have to pull the pan to remember.

The fluid is right,Tcc brake issue checked,stall is good, Everything is stock 100% besides all the free mods which I dont think is the culprit,No grinds or noise,no vibration besides the motor pinging from the rev.

I recently ordered the $2 servo gaskets and since its a weekend car parked it any advice on this would be nice.I know other have more exp and seems like this transmission uses a few selective parts for certain gear selection. Any insite would help. Thanks in Advance.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:43 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the unit is two years old and has recently began to exhibit symptoms then I would suggest that it has internal soft parts that have worn excessively or it has a hydraulic citcuit leak. There are actually many different issues that can cause those symptoms.

The absolute first thing to do is to get a scanner on it and drive it under the came conditions that the symptoms occur. You are looking to see if the shift is being commanded or not. If it is, then there are internal issues that need to be addressed... if not then you'll need to have it diagnosed by a professional.

What is the fluid level and fluid condition?

g
Old 08-22-2011, 11:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AFIAK, if you are running a stock tune, then it should not be shifting into 4th at WOT. The stock 4L60E 2-4 band just can't handle it.

Quick Reply: 4l60e 2nd Gear hard shift no 4th at WOT