Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a Polyurethane Trans Mount

Old 09-16-2011, 03:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got a Polyurethane Trans Mount

Just wanted to share my experience with the ploy trans mount.

First of all, there is more vibration but it's not that bad. It doesn't even come close to making it feel as bad as the rough ride these cars already give us. And the vibration isn't there all the time. Just at certain RPM's/Speed/Engine Load. To try and explain, it kind of feels like the vibration you get from your y-pipe after doing the heater hose mod because it's too close to the floor.

Second, the shifts feel more firm/smooth and don't seem to jolt/jerk the car when it does shift.

I think the benefit outweighs the slight vibration that does come with the poly mount.

Also keep in mind I haven't even had it in for more than a week. I'm sure after some wear the vibration will go away a little bit.

I don't know which one I have. All I know is that it's black and my trans guy put it in for me when he fixed my tailshaft housing.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:49 AM
12 Second Club

Im actually looking at trans mounts at the moment. Thinking whats the difference between the Poly and Prothane mounts. It seems like the Poly cost a little more. Does the Prothane causes more vibration/firmer than Polyurethane???
Old 09-23-2011, 09:51 PM
12 Second Club

I don't know any difference between the prothane and poly mounts.

I will say after a couple weeks of driving it seems the vibration has almost gone away. Maybe I'm just getting used to it.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:06 AM
12 Second Club

Just installed my Poly mount from Lakewood. There's no vibration at all in my car. I cannot even tell is there. I should have done this a long time ago...

Search this Thread