Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T56 to 4L80e conversion

Old 10-15-2011, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default T56 to 4L80e conversion

I know its been worn out because I have dont much research on the matter. Basically I'm making the switch no matter what so I would like to get a run down and get some questions answered that I can't seem to get a straight answer on, even from the sponsors.

First of all, I'm pretty sure I can modify my M6 crossmember correct?

Secondly, I know I need a special flexplate, correct?

Third and most important and confusing is the wiring and tuning issue: My wish is to not have to re-wire or retune anything in the PCM, even though i can, just dont want to. I think Spearteck makes an adapter harness that keeps me from having to mess with that, but I could be could wrong. I wouldn't mind running an extrernal standalone controller to hopefully be able to change shift points, TC lockup, Etc. Not really wanting FMVB. Any info on this part of the swap woud be great since it seems to be the most confusing and hard to find info on. Any1 that can chime in, I'd really appreciate a call at 817-300-2906 and call anytime, literally. I work my dick in the dirt over 100+ hours around the clock in the oilfield, so if I don't answer, just text me or maybe leave me a voice message and I'll get back with you ASAP. I just really need to figure out what I need as far as wiring. I need it ready since I have litterally no spare time. Maybe around the holidays, but who knows. Gas industry goes non-stop.

So far I guess I need the trans, TC, special flexplate, wiring harness from T56 to 4l80(not sure)???, Trans controller if I can't reflash my PCM and still keep my tuning?

I already have the pedals, stock shifter pieces, and whatever else I'm forgetting.
THANKS A MILION to those who can help me out without spending a fortune. I'm not gonna drop 4-5K on this swap. Maybe 2-3K before I sell my many T56s and master cylinders. So if any1s intersted in a good T-56, lemme know.
Thanks again,
Wes
Old 10-15-2011, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Truck flexplate + spacer or the TCI SFI flexplate with spacer already built in #300754

Old 10-15-2011, 06:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I thought I answered all the questions except the T56 crossmember for you a week ago on the phone.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just wanted to see what anyone else was doing. I thought there was a controller for less than $200, but that was a couple of years ago so it may not be around anymore.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: T56 to 4L80e conversion