Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Witch clutches are better blue plate or alto red

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 06:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And I wasn't saying the bolt-ons killed it, point being that basically stock power & it died. My builder is supposed to be good, we'll see.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Sunset01
Thanks. I wasn't thinking when you said 2500rpm shifts-- agreed, don't want if firm like that at part throttle. My trans was rebuilt with all Sonnax valve body parts. Putting it in tonight and expect good things. Staying with no torque mgmt and totally stock tranny tables otherwise.

Sure, I hope I didn't come off as a dick as that wasn't my goal. If I did sorry, there is just soooooo much misinformation out there I am sick of it.

With my setup (billets and TransGo w/ NO washers and Stg 2 holes) it's firm at low throttle, not excessive by anymeans and great at WOT. I wish I had my 2-3 feed hole at .093 instead of .082, that's my only complaint but it's still great. Hell even my 3-4 shift is firmer... a lot of that I attribute to the billet OD servo too but the TransGo makes it great.

I highly suspect that TqMgt causes LOTS of problems early on then they are multiplied later on when TqMgt is removed and the valve body is modified. It dumps line pressure (thus lowing flow) up top!

Just use a mature level of judgement on the shifts, that should keep you in good order.

Ah GM's intelligence...
Old 03-13-2004, 12:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

I didn't take it that way. I appreciate the dialogue. I just wanted to clarify my thoughts. Wow, no washers. Now that I'm back, my trans is in the car. I have to fabricate my y-pipe, so I won't be testing the new trans for a little bit longer. I have billet servos in my rebuild too. I don't know if there is a
washer equivalent with Sonnax valve body stuff, but I described to the builder very adamantly that I didn't want a harsh running trans- i.e., I can hand the keys to a non-car guy and they won't go, what in the world is wrong with your car? We'll see.

Quick Reply: Witch clutches are better blue plate or alto red