Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my A4 shifts the same way as an M6 < check out this thread I don't know what happened

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 07:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if ur car had a LS3, 429CI i highly doubt it has a stock tranny tune it.. maybe its just worn out. Are you purposely trying to rev ur LS1 to 7K rpm?
Old 11-05-2011, 08:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
if ur car had a LS3, 429CI i highly doubt it has a stock tranny tune it.. maybe its just worn out. Are you purposely trying to rev ur LS1 to 7K rpm?
The tranny is not stock from the inside... and that same tranny had the 429 for about 2 weeks and the car was sold to me and I took the engine away.
and yes I did rev my Ls1 to 7k rpm purposely
Old 11-05-2011, 08:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
Are you here in the U.S.?
My university is at the U.S "San diego" , but I'm from the Middle East Kuwait..
I'm in Kuwait right now..
Old 11-06-2011, 01:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 524 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by camaro-coz
My university is at the U.S "San diego" , but I'm from the Middle East Kuwait..
I'm in Kuwait right now..
Oh that's cool, are there many F body's in Kuwait or is it kinda rare to have one?

And don't rev your LS1 to 7k unless you have upgraded rod bolts or upgraded rods. If you do that too many times you will most likely end up with a rod hanging out the side of the block. I would keep it down to 6700-6800 max
Old 11-06-2011, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

Oh that's cool, are there many F body's in Kuwait or is it kinda rare to have one?

And don't rev your LS1 to 7k unless you have upgraded rod bolts or upgraded rods. If you do that too many times you will most likely end up with a rod hanging out the side of the block. I would keep it down to 6700-6800 max
Thanks!
Well belive me, you'll find what ever car you want in Kuwait..
We do have many f body's out there.. but it's too rare to find a stock one,,

I was just testing the engine after installing it so that's why I rev to 7k. So I'll never do that again.

I also have an 2000 427 trans am so all street kills will be on the WS6.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Thanks!
Well belive me, you'll find what ever car you want in Kuwait..
We do have many f body's out there.. but it's too rare to find a stock one,,

I was just testing the engine after installing it so that's why I rev to 7k. So I'll never do that again.

I also have an 2000 427 trans am so all street kills will be on the WS6.
Sounds like you have some bad *** toys out there post up some pictures or videos of your cars man!
Old 11-07-2011, 09:33 AM
On The Tree

Sounds like you have some bad *** toys out there post up some pictures or videos of your cars man!
I'll will, soon...
Old 11-08-2011, 02:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Nothing happened, that's how an A4 is supposed to perform.

If you're in 1 at 5000rpm with your foot on the gas and you put it in 2nd, it won't shift to the next gear because the computer shift tables see a high throttle position at which point it will only shift at a high rpm. But if you lift your foot of the throttle, the computer shift tables see a low throttle position, which immediately causes it to shift since it shifts much sooner at low throttle.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

I just bought a 2000 camaro from a friend..
Its an A4 which he rebuilt it 2 months ago.
It is an stock car,

the car drives nice at "D" and the shifting are perfect..
but the problem starts when I down shift it to "1" or "2" or the "3rd"

Let's suppose I downshifted the gearing at 1 and I accelerate at the "full throttle"...
Suddenly my RPM reached 5k and I would like to shift to 2nd, so when I move the shifter to position "2", The car simply don't shifts with me then hits 7k!
the only way that the car shifts is to "Release the throttle" then the car will shifts to the 2nd gear.
Exactly the way you would drive a Manual car but with out a clutch pedal!

The other problem , there is no Fuc*ing brakes when the car at 1-3 gearings at "manually shiftings"!! , the car slides when I push the brake pedal it's like the ABS not working!
I almost had an accident when I was at 120mph "3rd gear" and realised there's a traffic so I braked and the braked where not holding.. I had to side-brake to make the car stop -.-
so the tires are fuc*ed up now they have a FLAT surface "semi circle like"

but the brakes are all good when they're at D position! My car had really became drunk right now....

Please tell my what is happening!
I don't know what the reason is, but I suspect all A4's do this.. mine works the same as yours. I use a Predator hand held to set down shift speed, up shift speed or rpm, and other parameters, and then leave it in drive. I have not owned a car that behaved like this in the past. Put it in drive until you find a solution or tune it. Until then consider the shifter ornamental and let the young Asian girls fondle it but not jerk it.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:22 AM
TECH Veteran

I just bought a 2000 camaro from a friend..
Its an A4 which he rebuilt it 2 months ago.
It is an stock car,

the car drives nice at "D" and the shifting are perfect..
but the problem starts when I down shift it to "1" or "2" or the "3rd"

Let's suppose I downshifted the gearing at 1 and I accelerate at the "full throttle"...
Suddenly my RPM reached 5k and I would like to shift to 2nd, so when I move the shifter to position "2", The car simply don't shifts with me then hits 7k!
the only way that the car shifts is to "Release the throttle" then the car will shifts to the 2nd gear.
Exactly the way you would drive a Manual car but with out a clutch pedal!

The other problem , there is no Fuc*ing brakes when the car at 1-3 gearings at "manually shiftings"!! , the car slides when I push the brake pedal it's like the ABS not working!
I almost had an accident when I was at 120mph "3rd gear" and realised there's a traffic so I braked and the braked where not holding.. I had to side-brake to make the car stop -.-
so the tires are fuc*ed up now they have a FLAT surface "semi circle like"

but the brakes are all good when they're at D position! My car had really became drunk right now....

Please tell my what is happening!
Also the problem could be that you aren't up shifting early enough, if you wait till right before the revlimiter especially in first you have to upshift early, it takes the computer a second to process the upshift and for the transmission to complete the shift. So if you don't move the shifter early enough it will hit the rev limiter before the gear change. Try up shifting it early and see if it works.

If you are at the drag strip you will run faster if it is tuned right and you just leave it in drive. I used to shift mine at the track and the car was faster letting it shift itself.