Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forward only after rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forward only after rebuild

Hello. Just wrnt through my tran, (4l60e), had.whining noise inbetween shifts until reached operating temp. Anyway rebuild kit, shift kit, alum accumulater pistons, beast sunshell installed. Now only will move forward in any gear position, yes that includes reverse and nuetral. What'd i do wrong?
Old 01-05-2012, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My noise complaint was caused by a bad bushing inside my torque converter. Dec. 26 started slipping in 2 gear. Dec 27 pulled trans.I bought a rebuild kit, the beast sunshell, new aluminum accumulator pistons, steels nd frictions, new 2-4band, as well as a shift kit and torque convertor. I mistakenly didn't correctly instal the linkage to the manul valve after I had to loosen the bolts t the valve body to align the gasket better. That's when the linkage came disconnected bc I made sure checkbals were in place. Jan 3. Installed trans. Learned truck moves forward in every gear p,r,n,d. Pulled pan jan. 4 found linkage disconnected at manual valve. Had to lower valve body and connect linkage. So far so good only put few miles on her.