Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration in Reverse....

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012 | 02:11 AM
Teching In

Default Vibration in Reverse....

So i have a truck w. a ls2 and a performa built stage 2 tranny.... All the forward gears work fine even WOT it doesn't slip or anything.. After it warms up and I go to reverse it starts to vibrate.. I have no clue whats going on i talked to Frank at performa built and this is what he said: Open loop meaning when the engine and transmission is cold they go off of set parameters in the computer and do not read feedback from any sensors. When they get to a certain temp, 130* i believe, they go into closed loop and start reading feedback from the sensors. That being said the transmission acts perfectly in reverse when its in open loop, but when it gets to that certain temp and goes into closed loop, that is the only time I have ever had an issue. I actually talked to Performabuilt again today to the head builder Frank this time and he said it could be possible that the boost vavle could be warn but he also said that a common problem is that the low reverse piston could be leaking. he said the symptoms somewhat sound similar to what I described him. he said the reverse is pretty much a stand alone deal where as nothing inthe forward gears woud have an effect or be effected by it. He said that if the reverse piston starts to leak then it will lose pressure and make a chatter in reverse. i told him only feeling a bit of a vibration if anything and that its not violent or anything. he said that it could be possible but it may not be the case, since it does not do it all the time and reverse still works. He said that if they leak then typically it would be a pretty good chatter and reverse woud stop working. So going off of what he said i dont really know what to think, I drove the truck again this morning to go to the bank in town and I noticed no issues what so ever...

I have no idea whats going on any input would be greatly appreciated...
Old 01-08-2012 | 02:52 AM
Teching In

well i seem to beleive that it has nothing to do w. electrical so i think i'm gonna go ahead and spend the 995 and ship it back to performa built since it has to be internal prolly the reverse piston

Quick Reply: Vibration in Reverse....