Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCI Flexplate Questions PICS INSIDE

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TCI Flexplate Questions PICS INSIDE

Ok, I bought a used TCI Flexplate for my 6.0 Engine. I am looking at the flexplate compared to the factory unit and the factory plate has some spacer/adapter on it. The TCI one does not and I dont have any type of bushing or adapter that came with it.

I have not tried to bolt it up yet, just wondered for everyone else how did yours work. I am using a th400 and going to have PTC make a custom converter for it. I know they can make longer snouts on there converters so you dont need an adapter on a ls motor and th400 trans together.

I was just a little bit worried about the physical appearing differences from stock to aftermarket.

all pics are engine side up
Old 01-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would assume without a spacer like this the starter would not line up to the teeth. Do I just need to press off that spacer and move it over to the new flexplate?
Old 01-06-2012, 07:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 239 Likes on 166 Posts

not sure which part # you got, but they list 2 for a 4l80e-one comes with flywheel, bolts, and a round spacer
the FL has a spacer on it, like your pick, and bolts right to the crank-it ends up in the same postion in relation to the starter, which as i remember is like 7/16" from the back of the block to the back of the flywheel teeth
then the round spacer fits into the crank and takes up the space so the 400 style converter snout fits up
Old 01-06-2012, 11:47 AM
FormerVendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I answered you thread on the bullet, but you should be good to go. The offsets are the same....

Chris