Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Revmax 3600 stall review!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 05:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ballinonabudget
None of their parts are "off the shelf".. they custom build every piece of your converter based on your build and driving habits. Nobody is talking about LT1 converters only, the prices on the LS1 converters are equally amazing.

And not to bash anyone but there are a TON of horror stories from guys running Circle D converters...
Sorry to say man but not everything in your converter is custom built. Being that your stage 3 is a stock unit there are inherent qualities that cannot be changed. The blade angle and number of blades are set by the company that builds the converter so yes that is custom made but things like the the bearing seating surfaces oil routing in the cover, etc are all cast into the converter from the factory so it is an off the shelf unit. Again that goes for really any company using a stock converter and modifying it. When you go to a billet unit all of those covers are designed to have the specs by the company, ie oil passages, clutch surfaces, and bearing seats...

I'd love to see these stories you speak of because i have never seen anything bad about the stall sponsors here.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Is their stage 3 a lock up converter? Haven't done much research but what's the difference between the 3 and 5 stages?
Old 01-25-2012, 08:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redbird555
Sorry to say man but not everything in your converter is custom built. Being that your stage 3 is a stock unit there are inherent qualities that cannot be changed. The blade angle and number of blades are set by the company that builds the converter so yes that is custom made but things like the the bearing seating surfaces oil routing in the cover, etc are all cast into the converter from the factory so it is an off the shelf unit. Again that goes for really any company using a stock converter and modifying it. When you go to a billet unit all of those covers are designed to have the specs by the company, ie oil passages, clutch surfaces, and bearing seats...

I'd love to see these stories you speak of because i have never seen anything bad about the stall sponsors here.
This thread is getting off track.. I really don't want to talk about comparing companies and who is better anymore. I posted this thread because I was extremely happy with my experience and that's it. In my opinion, Revmax is the **** and I can't see any reason why anyone would ever want to pay 3-5x more for another brand. That is just MY OPINION. It's not a fact, and it's not something that should be taken offence to.

I didn't mean every single part was custom built by Revmax, or custom machined ect. for that matter, I just know there is a different part optional for every different component in every converter and you get to choose what you need.. you aren't getting a generic converter. Every guy that calls up and wants a 3600 isn't getting the same 3600.

I did a lot of research before I bought my converter and like I said I'm not bashing any brands by any means. I know that for every 1000 happy customers there are probably only a few unhappy ones, but the unhappy ones get all the attention because they post a thread complaining. Not many post up how happy they were, why would they. But I wanted to considering Revmax is fairly new to the forums and I was so happy with what I got.

It's the same with anything.. in a room full of 100 light bulbs, 99 of them are lit up, but 1 went out. Does your eye pay attention to all the lit up bulbs? No, it focuses on the 1 bad bulb. 99 of them are working perfectly, but the 1 bad bulb looks bad and is the one you notice. The same can be said with any review of any product. I bought my converter just based on the amount of good/bad reviews and stories I found.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:10 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's great that you are wound up and excited about your new converter, but you steered this thread off track by attacking the other converter sponsors on here. You did not buy your converter based on the amount of good/bad reviews and stories you found or you would have gone a different route. The number of happy customers from each of the other vendors here likey exceed the number of converters that RevMax has even sold hands down. I feel the Horror stories comment walks the line of getting banned or having the thread locked unless you can provide supporting data. I'm betting you can't. The sponsors on this sight work very hard to maintain quality customer service, some more so than others, but their reputation is very important to them. Unless you have tried and tested these other companies stall converters then you are just assuming when you make these false statements. We all know what happens when you assume There have been some tuning and install issues with some of the sponsors converters and Rev max will experience the same once they get enough out into the market place. These are rare occurances and part of modding late model cars

I have never tried a Revmax converter and do not plan to. I would likely destoy it on my first trip to the track as it is not the right application for ANY of our Camaros IMO. I have however tested and data logged over 2 dozen different stall converters from most of the sponsors on this board and stuck with the one I liked most based on quality, efficiency and customer service. The others made a good product, but my standards are higher than most as we beat on our cars like they owe us money and nothing but the best will do. My experience with LS based cars and hotrods in general has taught me that there are 2 areas you do not want to cut corners. That is torque converters and cylinder heads. This isn't an assumption, it's what I have learned from my personal experience.

Rev max converters may very well have their place for the select targeted customers and that is another great option the members here can consider, but don't lead them a stray because all of a sudden your bolt on car now can spin the tires.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:03 AM
TECH Veteran

This thread is getting off track.. I really don't want to talk about comparing companies and who is better anymore. I posted this thread because I was extremely happy with my experience and that's it. In my opinion, Revmax is the **** and I can't see any reason why anyone would ever want to pay 3-5x more for another brand. That is just MY OPINION. It's not a fact, and it's not something that should be taken offence to.

I didn't mean every single part was custom built by Revmax, or custom machined ect. for that matter, I just know there is a different part optional for every different component in every converter and you get to choose what you need.. you aren't getting a generic converter. Every guy that calls up and wants a 3600 isn't getting the same 3600.

I did a lot of research before I bought my converter and like I said I'm not bashing any brands by any means. I know that for every 1000 happy customers there are probably only a few unhappy ones, but the unhappy ones get all the attention because they post a thread complaining. Not many post up how happy they were, why would they. But I wanted to considering Revmax is fairly new to the forums and I was so happy with what I got.

It's the same with anything.. in a room full of 100 light bulbs, 99 of them are lit up, but 1 went out. Does your eye pay attention to all the lit up bulbs? No, it focuses on the 1 bad bulb. 99 of them are working perfectly, but the 1 bad bulb looks bad and is the one you notice. The same can be said with any review of any product. I bought my converter just based on the amount of good/bad reviews and stories I found.
Reall cuz thats not what you said here or atleast it really didnt come off that way.
None of their parts are "off the shelf".. they custom build every piece of your converter based on your build and driving habits. Nobody is talking about LT1 converters only, the prices on the LS1 converters are equally amazing.

And not to bash anyone but there are a TON of horror stories from guys running Circle D converters...
Originally Posted by TXCAMSS
It's great that you are wound up and excited about your new converter, but you steered this thread off track by attacking the other converter sponsors on here. You did not buy your converter based on the amount of good/bad reviews and stories you found or you would have gone a different route. The number of happy customers from each of the other vendors here likey exceed the number of converters that RevMax has even sold hands down. I feel the Horror stories comment walks the line of getting banned or having the thread locked unless you can provide supporting data. I'm betting you can't. The sponsors on this sight work very hard to maintain quality customer service, some more so than others, but their reputation is very important to them. Unless you have tried and tested these other companies stall converters then you are just assuming when you make these false statements. We all know what happens when you assume There have been some tuning and install issues with some of the sponsors converters and Rev max will experience the same once they get enough out into the market place. These are rare occurances and part of modding late model cars

I have never tried a Revmax converter and do not plan to. I would likely destoy it on my first trip to the track as it is not the right application for ANY of our Camaros IMO. I have however tested and data logged over 2 dozen different stall converters from most of the sponsors on this board and stuck with the one I liked most based on quality, efficiency and customer service. The others made a good product, but my standards are higher than most as we beat on our cars like they owe us money and nothing but the best will do. My experience with LS based cars and hotrods in general has taught me that there are 2 areas you do not want to cut corners. That is torque converters and cylinder heads. This isn't an assumption, it's what I have learned from my personal experience.

Rev max converters may very well have their place for the select targeted customers and that is another great option the members here can consider, but don't lead them a stray because all of a sudden your bolt on car now can spin the tires.
I feel this about sums everything up and is a good way to walk away from the thread, if you are on a budget a non billet converter is a good choice for a bolt on car. It will cut your et and still drive ok around town. Just know that if you want a non billet converter there are other companies besides revmax on here who offer them at more or less the same price. Not knocking rev max but that was my original point in posting here, by saying they have a corner on the market you potentially take business away from other sponsors who pay for this site..

Imo if you have an extra 300 to spare the billet unit is well worth it. After all my math maybe a little rusty but 300 for a billet stall is less than 2k when the tranny pukes from the stall clutch coming apart.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^^said and done^^^^^now lets get going on those vids...
Old 01-26-2012, 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just orderd mine today, i think its a good price, i mean i dont need a billet converter in my car i only have headers and an LS6 intake. Im not knocking down the other guys but im on a budget here and Revmax does deliver
Old 01-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

Revmax is a sponsor of this site. You said youself you've never used them but are giving an opinion about their product?
Old 01-26-2012, 04:42 PM
Banned

Ok so now I'm being threatened to get banned because I have an opinion?

Did I post a thread "Revmax is the best all other converters are bad and will explode" ? I did a lot of researching before I bought my TC. I saw a lot of good, and a lot of bad about ALL companies. Based on my budget and the amount of good reviews I saw I chose Revmax.

And for some reason TXCAMSS YOU are actually bashing a company you haven't even tried before. You are the one saying the bad things about a site sponsor with absolutely no proof, just basically thinking "Oh they're cheap they can't be good".

How is a Revmax converter not the right application for ANY of our Camaros? How does that make sense...?

Stop talking to me like I'm an idiot. My "bolt on" Camaro runs 10's in the 1/4 all motor. Sorry I'm not a hot-shot 9 second runner like yourself, I guess that gives you right to come into someones thread and tell them what they are allowed to say and do, while you do the exact same thing yourself, but worse, saying Revmax would blow up instantly and isn't good for any Camaro.

Wtf...?
Old 01-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Launching!

LMAO ...2 thumbs up for ballinonabudget
Old 01-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Banned

Unless you have tried and tested these other companies stall converters then you are just assuming when you make these false statements. We all know what happens when you assume

I have never tried a Revmax converter and do not plan to. I would likely destoy it on my first trip to the track as it is not the right application for ANY of our Camaros IMO..
LOL How does that make any sense..
Old 01-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by KEVS98LS1
LMAO ...2 thumbs up for ballinonabudget
LOL Thanks man I'm just a guy trying to put a good word out on a good experience I had. I'm not trying to put down any other companies in the process. I know Circle D, Yank, ect all of them make good converters that obviously work! But just because I chose this TC over the others everyone is getting pissed at me lol.. Don't be mad at me because there is a new company offering a damn good TC. Do something to keep peoples business. Coming into a harmless thread or sending me threatening PM's is really professional!

If people want to buy Revmax, great. I highly recommend it. If people want to buy from another company, GREAT! Do your research, and if you like what you see, then go for it! I did my research and made my decision. And I couldn't be happier. I probably would have been happy with a Yank, or Circle D, or any other company too. But with the money I had to spend, and the research I did and threads I saw on drivability and every other aspect of a TC that matters, I made my choice and love it.

Revmax is relatively new to the F body scene, and they ARE a site sponsor. I was on the fence about getting a TC from them at first. And now that I did, I just wanted to put out a good word that would be helpful to others making the same choice.

That's all guys. Sorry for everyone who's offended.

I'm putting my new wheels on with the Nitto 555R drags and taking the video tomorrow, so stay tuned

Last edited by Ballinonabudget; 01-26-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:59 PM

Sorry to say this but threads like this belong in the sponsor feedback section. This is a tech section of the forum not the sales section.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Redbird555 - Yank does not offer ANY 3600 stall for under $745 + shipping. The cheapest they have is a "stealth thruster 2800" which is totally basic for $475 + shipping. The next step up is the 3000 at $575 which again, is basic.

So to be fair, it's not fair lol. There really is no comparing the two. Yank obviously has a ton of happy customers and I haven't seen many bad reviews on them, but you pay out the *** for the name. Revmax is offering basically the same converter if not better in some areas, with any optional upgrade you want for a base price of under $300 shipped. And I haven't seen 1 bad review on a Revmax yet.

I'm not trying to start a pissing match, I posted this thread solely because I wanted to give my point of view after getting my converter. But there really is no comparing the 2 companies. Revmax is doing something really no other TC company has done before, and I doubt they are making a ton of money off each sale. They putting out an honest, excellent, custom TC that lets the buyer choose.

Yup. A billet cover isn't necessary if you aren't making big hp. That's why Revmax is so great and they can price their converters so cheap. They give you what you need, and ONLY what you need, they don't sell you a bunch of stuff you won't ever need to use.

Guys like me can get away with a pretty much basic Stage 3 converter. I'm NA and making about 400rwhp. I go to the drag stip only a few times a summer, and mostly just cruise and beat the **** out of my car on the street So all I needed was the carbon fiber lockup upgrade.

The vast majority of us are either stock, bolt on, or built but making 400-500rwhp. So what Revmax offers is pretty much perfect for many of us out there. Even if you need to purchase a bunch of upgrades, you can still get a fully decked-out TC at like half the cost of the other guys.
No one here at least not me anyways got pissed because you wrote up a good review for revmax. Hell I'm happy someone else is in the game on here. But what did tick people off myself included was the fact that on several occasions you downplayed other converter companies. Like in price, performance, and quality. You havent tried any others so how can you be sure whats what? You say other companies over price their stuff but again if you look at rev max, their billet units reflect the same price as any other company.

You also even said they are the only company offering a product like this. Which in reality there have been several posts showing different. When stuff like that gets posted it potentially hurts other businesses and sponsors. How would you like it if you pay money to support a site and build a good rep with customers and then go into a thread on said site and see someone calling your product over-priced, and under performing without any proof? Its just disrespectful.

With that said sorry for going on a rant I'm walking away from the thread now.... promise lol
Old 01-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Banned

Well I haven't really need another company that lets you choose what you get all the way down from a bare bones converter to a fully decked-out one piece by piece, who else is doing that?

I suppose I could have posted it in the sponsor feedback section. My bad
Old 01-26-2012, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Alright so lets just leave it at that. We have good experiences with revmax and wrotea good review telling other people about a quality made in the USA torque converter. No need for someone whose never used to bash them in anyway. Revmax is the new kid in school and so far we are liking their products
Old 01-26-2012, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey check this out...look at post #1 forget 2-56....and just post a video...
Old 01-26-2012, 09:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lol ya we are just killing time waiting for that video... Better be beating 5.0's now
Old 01-26-2012, 10:34 PM
Banned

LOL Agreed fellas. I want to GTFO of Wisconsin, the snow is depressing lol.

Car wash, new wheels, and VIDEO TOMORROW !!!
Old 01-27-2012, 12:50 AM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RedBird did a great job of highlighting the areas that struck a nerve with me. I just didn't feel it was fair to the other sponsors by the way the misleading information was delivered. I am fully aware that RevMax is a sponsor as well and I did state that they provide a product that will be good for some members here. You just delivered it like a bad infomercial implying that everyone can get a Rolex product at a Timex price and it's not the case. It's good that the members here have additional options, but lets just be fair in our description as to what they are getting for a given price.

I don't think this tread needs to be in the feedback section. It probably needs to dissappear and a new one started that has real data, real first impressions and the videos.

All the sponsors and members here will benefit most with threads offering accurate and fair opinions of their products. Both deserve that IMO. We are very fortunate to have these sponsors and the abunance of feedback that is offered here. It's difficult to find this information on other non LS related products out there without really filtering the researchable info that is out there.

I do agree page #1 was good for all involved and beneficial to many. I also agree 100% when it was said that a stall converter is the best bang for the buck. SOOOooo true.

Anyway, lets hope for some good weather so those videos can be posted soon. GL

Quick Reply: Revmax 3600 stall review!