Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e rear speed sensor signal needed to build DIY cable-x.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 07:53 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l80e rear speed sensor signal needed to build DIY cable-x.

I've done some searches, but not found what I'm looking for.

What signal does the rear speed sensor produce on a 4l80e? I know it is suppose to be 40 pulses per rotation but that is the amplitude of the signal and also the the shape of the wave? I suspect it is a sign wave... 12V or 5V?

I'm looking at a little project to run my old mechanical speedo of the rear speed sensor of the 4l80 and drive a dc motor to run the speedo.

I need to find the correct DC motor... Have a couple that look promising on paper but real world test will tell the tail. I already have the code prototyped for the microcontroller and PWM motor speed controller so about 1/2 way there, just need to the signal from the tranz into the board and it looks like a cheap viable solution.

I can always use the micocontroller for other fun projects if this does not work out.

If this works well I think I can also incorporate a data logger... but time will tell, possibly also take an input for the tach signal also.

Thanks,
Bruce
Old 02-21-2012, 06:39 AM
Launching!

Anyone?
Old 05-11-2013, 06:33 AM
Teching In

Bringing this post back from the dead as I also need to know what the shape of vehicle speed signal is. Can someone tell me if the signal is a square wave or simple sine wave?

Joe

Quick Reply: 4l80e rear speed sensor signal needed to build DIY cable-x.