Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What year should I get a 4l80e from?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012 | 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Question What year should I get a 4l80e from?

Hey guys I just got a 04 lq4 drop out but no tranny! What year should I try an get? An is there an aftermaket harness out there for them yet cuz I have been looking an can find any?
R would it be smarter to try to run a 4l60e? I heard I need to change the flywheel an get a bushing? But would it work an last tho? It's going in a 55 chevy truck hot rod it's only goingto be driving around town an going for gas mileage an looking good.

Thanks guys for any info!
Old 03-11-2012 | 03:32 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 69blackwhss
Hey guys I just got a 04 lq4 drop out but no tranny! What year should I try an get? An is there an aftermaket harness out there for them yet cuz I have been looking an can find any?
R would it be smarter to try to run a 4l60e? I heard I need to change the flywheel an get a bushing? But would it work an last tho? It's going in a 55 chevy truck hot rod it's only goingto be driving around town an going for gas mileage an looking good.

Thanks guys for any info!
Depending on whether you got the PCM and everything and what was originally behind the LQ4.

Nothing wrong with a nice 4L60E for a cruiser, but if the PCM and engine are already setup for a 4L80E it may be easier/cheaper.

I would try to determine that and then decide what trans to run.
About any year 4L80E will work with nothing but a harness and EPC change.
Old 03-11-2012 | 04:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jake's Performance
Depending on whether you got the PCM and everything and what was originally behind the LQ4.

Nothing wrong with a nice 4L60E for a cruiser, but if the PCM and engine are already setup for a 4L80E it may be easier/cheaper.

I would try to determine that and then decide what trans to run.
About any year 4L80E will work with nothing but a harness and EPC change.
u only have the lq4 pcm an harness, idk if it was a 4x4 r not. i think i can have a re tune for a 2wd set up if that even matters? an i was told all i need to do is a change over harness thats a plug in an play harness to go with a
4l60e an then the flywheel an bearing. i know there cheaper lol but will they hold up. Am all new to auto's

if anyone could tell me if i can just buy a harness for a 4l60e/4l80e that would be great i can't find any on line with the harness r ecm with them under 100,000 miles an asking alot