Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Vibrating

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 10:45 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by unioncarpenter84
so if i get it balanced it should solve some of it??
I would check into it if the new mount doesn't solve the issue. My buddy's car was doing the same and went to a shaft out of a 00' Camaro and it went away. Just wasn't balanced to a closer tolerance, I guess. Like said before, felt smooth up to about 70mph. Which is what, about 22-2300 rpm?He wouldn't feel it going through the gears, just high speed cruise.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fixed the problem........
i seen a article bout if u have a high enegy tranny mount and if its got tht spacer plate tht if u remove it tht it will slove ur problem....

so removed plate and really no vibration at all

so thts the answer maybe the little vibration thts left could be drive shaft unbalanced.. but alot better than it was
Old 03-16-2012, 09:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by unioncarpenter84
I fixed the problem........
i seen a article bout if u have a high enegy tranny mount and if its got tht spacer plate tht if u remove it tht it will slove ur problem....

so removed plate and really no vibration at all

so thts the answer maybe the little vibration thts left could be drive shaft unbalanced.. but alot better than it was
Good info to know on the high energy mount. So, you're saying the spacer is making metal to metal contact to transmit the vibration?
Old 03-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Tire Smoking Tranny Blowing Director

Make sure the driveshaft isn't bottoming out on the trans tailshaft. I had a vibration then the seal on the rear of the trans failed. Took out the driveshaft and it was jammed on the shaft
Old 03-20-2012, 08:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cool28
Make sure the driveshaft isn't bottoming out on the trans tailshaft. I had a vibration then the seal on the rear of the trans failed. Took out the driveshaft and it was jammed on the shaft
what u mean jammed what caused tht?
Old 03-20-2012, 08:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2nd Gen Fl 'bird
Good info to know on the high energy mount. So, you're saying the spacer is making metal to metal contact to transmit the vibration?
its still metal to metal its tht they said throws driveshaft 0.5 degrees off and causes it i guess...solved problem tho
Old 03-20-2012, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

I just had the same prob after doing a trans build and clutch went with the poly trans mnt and couldnt stand it same vibrations and all at anything over 2000 rpm pulled the plate and added washers between the body and crossmember got better but no dice for me. Put the stocker back in and all good again maybe if all mounts were changed to poly it would be ok but there has got to be a reasson that energy suspension doesnt offer a specific trans mount for these things. And while we are on the mount subject any inter change for the mtr mounts for these 98-02 f ers the price of these are a little high to.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:14 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by pkozera
I just had the same prob after doing a trans build and clutch went with the poly trans mnt and couldnt stand it same vibrations and all at anything over 2000 rpm pulled the plate and added washers between the body and crossmember got better but no dice for me. Put the stocker back in and all good again maybe if all mounts were changed to poly it would be ok but there has got to be a reasson that energy suspension doesnt offer a specific trans mount for these things. And while we are on the mount subject any inter change for the mtr mounts for these 98-02 f ers the price of these are a little high to.
it still vibrates a little bit...makes no sense.. i dont wan2 really put the stock back in a rip it.

how come u put washer between the mount and tranny??

i just took the plate out thts all

Quick Reply: Car Vibrating