Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car goes in gear but wont move.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car goes in gear but wont move.

I got a Brand new TCI 3200-3500 stall in my camaro and I just fired the car up with no tune//heads/cam only car. I put it into gear to make sure everything was working properly and it wouldn't move. I rev'ed the car to at least 3200 and it only bugged forward. The shifter links and everything are right but i can figure out what the problem.

Could it be that my stock converter bolts pulled the converter away from the transmission so its not pumping fluid ??

Any ideas??
Old 04-28-2012, 07:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SmallBlock 383
I got a Brand new TCI 3200-3500 stall in my camaro and I just fired the car up with no tune//heads/cam only car. I put it into gear to make sure everything was working properly and it wouldn't move. I rev'ed the car to at least 3200 and it only bugged forward. The shifter links and everything are right but i can figure out what the problem.

Could it be that my stock converter bolts pulled the converter away from the transmission so its not pumping fluid ??

Any ideas??
With it running, in gear, does it seem locked-up? As in
, car won't move in gear until engine off? Did u drop the trans at all with the convertor in??? (when doing the install)
Old 04-29-2012, 01:49 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JUNK
With it running, in gear, does it seem locked-up? As in
, car won't move in gear until engine off? Did u drop the trans at all with the convertor in??? (when doing the install)
Yeah it definitly going in gear.. I have to rev it up fairly high just to get it to barely Move in Reverse or In Drive. I put transmisson fluid in it and i think it might be to full now because while its running it spitting the fluid back out the Dip stick.

I just put shims on it today and its still doing the samething.

My converter is a TCI part#:242931 Car is a 98

Last edited by SmallBlock 383; 04-29-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is Lou, from Mad Dog Transmissions. Please give me a call at 770-781-0949 I can help you.

Originally Posted by SmallBlock 383
Yeah it definitly going in gear.. I have to rev it up fairly high just to get it to barely Move in Reverse or In Drive. I put transmisson fluid in it and i think it might be to full now because while its running it spitting the fluid back out the Dip stick.

I just put shims on it today and its still doing the samething.

My converter is a TCI part#:242931 Car is a 98

Quick Reply: Car goes in gear but wont move.