Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lt1 4l60e hybrid??

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lt1 4l60e hybrid??

hey guys looking for some help here - i am in the process of rebuilding my 4l60e out of my 96 z28 - i have new cluthes installed, housing , pump etc etc. my kicker is that i installed a imput shaft from a 4l65e gm p/n 17803686 and 24241477 - a friend of mine did this to his veh and was built by Frank Cahall at CPT - they used a custom built torque converter fromt precision industries - called them - told them what i built - they said no problem - well then they sent me my 850.00 converter - went to install and my torque converter hub shaft was 2.5 inches - i could get it to lock 2 times - but could not get the third click - called them back with measurement from my shop forman and come to find out they built the torque converter with to long of a hub shaft - now im being told they cannot build me a coverter for this what i have created ???? a friend of mine has this exact same set up and ordered it from prescision ind. as well - they pulled up his invoice and are telling me his has a stock lt1 imput shaft - i dont see how this is possible since his is a 600hp 383 stroker??? looking for help , thoughts, ideas

thanks

dyrick

Quick Reply: Lt1 4l60e hybrid??