Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?

ok guys i have a ? might sound kind of dumb and i feel kind of dumb asking but i might as well. i have a 99 trans am with bolt ons and a 4l60e with 3600 stall.....when i got car back from trans shop it had a vibration...ran good shifted great just had a vibration.....well i finally found out after research that my vibration was from the poly trans mount. so i switched to a stock rubber mount....after that no more vibration but this is the part i feel dumb asking about, the car feels slower to me===as if when u hit WOT it doesn't seem to down shift as before and doesn't seem to pull as hard. the reason i feel dumb asking is cuz i don't see how a minor change like that could affect the car, but thats all it could be i drove it 20 min before i swapped it and it ran fine changed and it now its how i described. is that normal that maybe the stock rubber flexes so much it causes the car to drive differently if not ill have to check but any info would help thanks
Old 06-13-2012, 10:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What was done at the trans shop? Maybe you were paying attention to the vibration more than the shifting?