Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Truck issues

Ok I know this is the car side but I know theirs more people in here that have a lot more
Experience with these trannys and motor platforms. I got an 06 silverado crewcab. 5.3 cam only full bolt on with a circle d converter and big fan cooler and vette servo. Well last Saturday nite I drove it to dinner. Hadn't drove it all week. Played a little nothing crazy. Tranny never gets over 170. Well it started not locking up. So I just parked it and ate dinner. Came back to my truck crunk it up. And heard a little rattling under neath it I put it in D and tried to leave and it took a lot more rpm to get it going. I was like what the f. So I stopped. And then it just free spun the motor like It was in N. in ever gear. Even R. So I turned it off and started it back up and it was back to normal. Do I babied it home. But never locked up. Then everytime I gave it more gas it would start missing and the Rpms would drop low. My buddy behind me said he could smell it running really rich. I thought the truck went into limp mode. So I parked it. Had my tuner come data log it while i was at work. And it did the same thing. First had nothing then kinda worked and had that miss in ever gear when u gave it gas like it had a huge load on the motor or something. He thought the converter has came apart. Or was on its way out. Well I took it to the shop that did all the work to have them figure it out and on the way there it worked normal. Locked up everything. So they took it for a drive and it did the same **** was normal for a little bit then got pissed. They dropped the pan and it was clean. Not a speck of metal. I was about to order a rpm tranny and get my converter gone threw but I want to know what y'all think. Please help me. I don't wanna buy something I don't need.