Sponsored by:

Pump explosion

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 12:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Pump explosion

The story goes like this:
I bought new insides for a 4L60e including new pump. My local Transmission parts store gave me a pump for a 96 4l60e. My car is a 2000. There is a 1/2 inch difference in the stator shaft LENGTH. The car was running for no longer then 15 minutes. I saw a leak shut the car off, and took it back out. The builder didn't know the difference in pumps? After a new seal I ( myself, not the builder ) measured the shaft and noticed the difference in length. So I returned the pump, bought a rebuild kit for it, and hi-rev kit. After 300 miles in ******* exploded ate a damn groove in a brand new converter.
I'm trying to get my money back from this dude but he seems to think I didnt have the converter on correctly. But it was with in 3/16-1/8 from flex plate. Also the case has a bunch of makes from my new parts making contact, the drum that holds the clutches has makes from the clutches and steels eating into it.
The rev-kit was installed with the "new TransGo spring" and the factory smaller spring. I think that's why the pump exploded.
When I get home I'll edit/up date this thread on a computer.
Any help, and opinions are much appreciated.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a picture of the pump. Notice the drive teeth are missing from the pump. And all the marks on the rest of the parts. Keep in mind this transmission got 300 miles before faliure..
Attached Thumbnails Pump explosion-016.jpg   Pump explosion-023.jpg   Pump explosion-029.jpg   Pump explosion-027.jpg