Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99' Mustang Acceleration problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 99' Mustang Acceleration problems

Hey guys im new here and I just wanted to know if antone can help me with my problem. I have a 99' Mustang coupe that bought used (first mistakes probably). The car runs smoothly when I first cut it on but once it get warm and im about to take off from a red light it feels like im not pressing on the pedal. I've had a tune up, transmission flush, and some welding done but the problem is still there. While the car is warm and stopped, the RPS is usually at 100 but constantly drops a little and jumps back up. Can someone please tell me some good news before I try and buy a whole new transmission. It already had around 230k miles on it
Old 07-13-2012, 09:46 PM
Teching In

probly not a lot left in that tranny, the tranny flush probly finished it off because all the crap floating around in there was acting as friction material. so its time for a rebuild. how ever when/if you do put a stall in that thing. those trannies are a little slushy anyway. Toss some hi tech stg 2 cams in it, a good stall and some gears and go rip on it.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:03 AM

So do you recommend me getting it rebuilt or buying a used one in a better condition?

Quick Reply: 99' Mustang Acceleration problems