Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powerglide gurus come in

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 01:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerglide gurus come in

Ok so I just picked up a powerglide from my friends coworker for my ls swap in to a mustang. Glides about 90% built.pretty much set up to handle 700-800 hp,just needs the tail shaft housing upgrade.my question tho is concerning the vacume modulator. Motor in the car is going to be a twin turbo 5.3 or lq4.what do I do with the modulator? Hook it up or vent to atmosphere? Id assume you dont want to pressurize the diaphragm. any insight would be awesome.
Thanks
Old 07-22-2012, 06:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A full manual valvebody with the pressure set around 190psi and plugging the modulator should do the trick. Make sure you use teflon seals in the stator and input shafts. What upgrades have you done too handle the HP?
Old 07-24-2012, 12:53 AM
12 Second Club

I personally have not done the mods,all I know is its got alot of money in to it and once I replace the tail shaft housing it will be good for around 800hp.i do know it has a full manual valve body and iirc the drum is machined for extra clutches, its also got a jw ultrabell not that that really matters,the guy was going to put it in his super pro car but got a different car hence why I got the trans for a steal,and well the guy makes over $100k a year and is single lol
Old 07-24-2012, 08:36 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

we sell a 900hp rated glide with a brake,stock case,turbo shaft,deep pan, steel clutch hub etc for 1095.

Greg
info@ftiperformance.com
FTIPerformance.com
FTI Converter build sheet

Old 07-25-2012, 12:39 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks,ill keep that in mind,im going to run The trans I have first,if it fails im only out a few hundred
Old 07-25-2012, 09:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm pretty sure it depends on the valvebody.

I had my valvebody modified in my 4L80e to where I hooked up the modulator to my boost reference block that my BOV, gate, boost gauge and manifold all tied into for their vacuum/boost signal so that when it was in vacuum is shifted softly and very light, and as vacuum progressively went away and transitioned into boost it became a monster like it had fixed line pressure at WOT.

I'm sure your valve body isn't set up like this though so it should be plugged.

Quick Reply: Powerglide gurus come in