Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vigilante out of balance?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 12:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you considered taking the converter out and having it sent back to Precision to have it cut, cleaned, restalled, and balanced?
Old 04-15-2005, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by maddboost
Have you considered taking the converter out and having it sent back to Precision to have it cut, cleaned, restalled, and balanced?
That's an option I haven't tried...I can't afford to go without the car because it's my daily driver. If that ends up being my last resort I'll give it a shot, but I'm looking for other things to try in the meantime.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Type_O_Negative_1320
That's an option I haven't tried...I can't afford to go without the car because it's my daily driver. If that ends up being my last resort I'll give it a shot, but I'm looking for other things to try in the meantime.
Keeping this alive!
Old 06-01-2005, 03:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm joining this crew as well. I was running a MW3600 without any problems at all. Well a month ago I blew the tranny. While it was being rebuilt, I went ahead and moved up to a MW4200. This is a brand new converter and as soon as I put the tranny/converter back in, this vibration has popped up. Mostly I will notice it when I'm at a stop with the car in drive and when I'm cruising about 70 and give it a light load.

Later tonight I'm going to turn the converter to see if that solves the problem but if it doesn't I'm taking that the converter needs to be sent back and be re-balanced?
Old 06-06-2005, 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm having a very similar problem too.

I have a rough running engine so that maybe the Problem, but doesn't the TC act as a Balance to the Engine? It has rotating mass that can change the Vibrations. My Z28 is a Daily Driver so it's hard to just yank the TC and have a Re-stall Re-flash done.

Anyone else ha any luck so far?
Old 08-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Staging Lane

Default Still Shakin

Boy,it was a while ago that I started this post! I still,after all this time, have the problem. I sent the converter back and it checked out fine. I'm getting ready to swap back my hotcam from the 224 to see if that makes a difference. It never did this with that cam. I've had all the stuff to do it,so I might as well give it a try. It really sucks to have this problem-it makes me hate my car. I'll be sure to follow up this time when I'm done. I've been working non-stop on my house since the hurricanes last year and sort of let this go. Sean
Old 08-07-2005, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

I had this same problem in the my C5 A4 with a Yank 3000 converter, I restalled the stock converter to 2400, It's better than stock now with no vibrations. anyone want a hardly used Yank s3000 converter, real cheap?