Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny issue.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 10:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tranny issue.

so Ive been away for summer vacation and havent drive my car for more than 40 days. then yesterday I drove it for about 120km on a highway. when i reached there i noticed my trany knocks when it gets into any gear. meaning, when the car is in neutral it BANGS so bad when it gets to D and bangs again when it gets to 2nd and so on...could it be my tranny mount? it looks similar to when i removed the MAF. i havent got a look under there yet. car is parked in the sun and its 47C out there any ideas?? car is perfect otherwise.

PS: my SES light is on due to EGR and cats delete so i cant tell if i have a maf code. mods are in sig just incase lol. thank you guys
Old 08-29-2012, 07:25 PM

Received 390 Likes on 299 Posts

If the PCM thinks the car is under high load due to a TPS, MAF or MAP sensor error, it will set the transmission line pressure to max and all shifts will be extremely firm. Find/borrow/buy a scanner and determine if you have a MIL (SES light) error for one of these sensors.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:16 AM
TECH Addict

thanks for the reply. i left town again for the weekend...i can borrow a scanner from a friend by monday. i drove the car yesterday to the store and the problem went away when the car warmed up but it came back again when the car was cooler?? still havent got a look under there. time is very tight...ugh..
Old 08-30-2012, 10:20 AM

Received 390 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by omarrakeen
... i drove the car yesterday to the store and the problem went away when the car warmed up but it came back again when the car was cooler??
Hmmm, I don't have the experience to diagnose this for you, although I recall a similar problem on another thread many months ago.

It seems the real experts on this forum, who might be able to answer this, are all on summer vacation or just burned out.

Start with a scan. If that doesn't show anything, we'll have to hope that one of the experienced experts will have more insight and suggestions.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mrvedit
Hmmm, I don't have the experience to diagnose this for you, although I recall a similar problem on another thread many months ago.

It seems the real experts on this forum, who might be able to answer this, are all on summer vacation or just burned out.

Start with a scan. If that doesn't show anything, we'll have to hope that one of the experienced experts will have more insight and suggestions.
well, i hope its the tranny mount..but when i the problem went away on warm up..i had a bad feeling lol..i wish its not a sensor...

Quick Reply: Tranny issue.