Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who to go with for built 4L60, FLT or RPM? (updated!! 11/11/12)

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 08:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who previous built it. ??
Old 10-28-2012, 03:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Some bullshit local shop. The performance shop I was using only used this guy but hated it from the very beginning.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rossler terminator 3 w/ transbrake, billet input shaft, deep pan here. 3500 lbs 02 camaro running 9.8. Works like a champ.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Launching!

for all your transmission needs go see Lou@Maddog
Old 10-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Launching!

I kidd I kidd
Old 10-29-2012, 09:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

When i was at Chuck's shop he actually was doing some work on a Rossler. Said he has worked on all the big names.

I was just reading the nightmare threads about Mad Dog.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Aight guys got the car back. So this is the deal. Once we had the trans out of the car Chuck from FLT went through then entire trans to see what the problem. Once he disassembled the the old trans he called me to inform me how terrible the trans was. He couldn't believe the holes that were drilled in the valve body, the reverse clutches were burnt up but no trans brake is on the car thats was a mystery, the sprag is suppose to be move freely, mine could barely be moved. So long story short the trans was a mess. He sent the converter back to Precious, they cut and cleaned it, along with replacing the clutch. So a brand new converter for under $400. By the time I went to pick up the trans Chuck found more problems. The input shaft apparently is used to be pressed out. He said usually takes a good amount of effort to get them out, mine fell out as soon as he attempted to remove it.

So went with the level 4 with a couple other new parts Chuck added for me. Once I got the car I was only able to drive it for a couple hrs. Couldn't really get on it due to some issue I am having with a rear end. But first impressions of this trans are great!! Shifts have such are positive engaging feel along with being much smoother. Since I couldn't really drive the car that long i'm limited on what I could talk about. Once next season comes I plan on a full impression of the new trans.

I gotta tell you anyone that is local to Chuck at FLT, please do yourself a favor and work with him. Honestly one of the best guys I have ever dealt with. Called me numerous times for updates and any issues that came up. The turn around time is great too, less then a week and a half for a complete rebuild when he has plenty of units in from of mine. His attention to detail when he is building is amazing. He always took time out to describe what he was doing or what he does different compared to other shops. Chuck really does build some awesome trans, I highly recommend him for anyone considering a rebuilt trans.

Quick Reply: Who to go with for built 4L60, FLT or RPM? (updated!! 11/11/12)