Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken 4l60e....Decisions

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken 4l60e....Decisions

My car has no reverse and no second gear. From what I have researched on here leads me to believe it is the sun shell. The car has 106,000 miles on it. So I guess it is time for a transmission rebuild. I can remove the trans just am not confident I can rebuild it properly. Where is the best place to get a rebuilt trans shipped from? I figured I might as well add a higher stall while im at it. What stall would you all recommend for a fulll exhaust, under drive pulley, and lid car? The car has 323 gears. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:02 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very common problem with the factory sun shalls we see it here every day. For your application I would leave it with a factory stall the higher the stall the hotter it runs the less reliable it is. That's, of course, if you do drive it every day.You basically always want to mach the converter with the cam shaft. Some people do run high stalls with a factory cam, but it is mostly a weekend warrior. My L-2 4L60-65E transmission with heavy-duty converter core charge and shipping $1575.00. It will be a direct replacement for your application. It comes with a standard one-year unlimited mile warranty. Extended warranties are also available. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to call or e-mail us.

Last edited by maddoglou454; 11-15-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply MadDog! Thats a great price. I will more than likely be giving you all a call tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Broken 4l60e....Decisions